horsethief51 05-Nov-15
Brad Gehman 05-Nov-15
DaleHajas 05-Nov-15
Rut Nut 06-Nov-15
Gonzo 06-Nov-15
Two Hawks 09-Nov-15
Yodermeister 11-Nov-15
31-Oct-15
Highs in the 70's? Really? Wear your harness! Its might be tough....

31-Oct-15
heck. I'm cold this morning Dale

one down.

yea these temps, heading to MD tomorrow for sika I hope most of those skeeters are dead or they're gonna have a feast.

I expect to do a semi live thread

Bill v

31-Oct-15
Was out yesterday, and the pre-rut was kickin! Saw 6 different bucks, passed on 3 does and a nice 8 point.

Nothing like hearing that steady cadence coming through the fall leaves!!

31-Oct-15
Dan got here before I got out of the woods last evening. We were in good spots but no deer this morning. Heard the turkeys again and Dan saw the 10 turkeys I saw yesterday. I guy wearing orange without a gun or bow walked up to within about 25 yards of Dan and waived then turned around and left. We will be hitting it again this afternoon.

31-Oct-15
Saw 5 point and a 8 point this morning. Pa season is done for now. I'm leaving for Ohio in the morning!

31-Oct-15
Patty and I went out this morning. Spooked a few going in. A good bit of hunter activity in the woods today.

31-Oct-15

BSKED (mobile)'s embedded Photo
BSKED (mobile)'s embedded Photo
Climbed in the stand @ 5:50 this morning, and minus 40 minutes to drop paperwork off around lunch, was in the stand until 3:53 when this guy came along tending a doe.

31-Oct-15
Saw 10 different bucks, 4 does, and one scared button buck. They are roaming around looking for does. In this guys case, he pushed all the little ones away. He was alone tending her as he made his way in.

31-Oct-15
Nice one, Brian!! Congrat's

31-Oct-15
Nice buck congrats!

31-Oct-15
Nice Brian!

31-Oct-15
Those are some awesome bucks!

My son and I were out this afternoon. He saw a small buck and a doe. He had the doe at 5 yards, but she busted him.

31-Oct-15

BOWJO's embedded Photo
BOWJO's embedded Photo
Shot this beast yesterday afternoon, as in, 12:54. Heavy horned eight point. Field dressed 207#

31-Oct-15
Congrats, Joe and Brian! Great pictures, too!

31-Oct-15
That is a beast Joe. Congrats.

01-Nov-15
Very nice guys.

01-Nov-15
Congratulations on some fine deer.

01-Nov-15
Joe! What an awesome critter! Wow! Way to go boys!:)

01-Nov-15
Congrats Bowjoe and Bsked!! Very nice bucks!

01-Nov-15
Congress guys. Heavy horned for sure bowjo

01-Nov-15
Great bucks guys!

I saw a small antler less deer at 9 am yesterday. Then passed a 6 point with a ton of potential at around 11.

Snuck onto a bench that deer bed on in the evening and was greater by a doe and youngin who were surprised an intruder got within 20 yards haha they bounded off and I climbed the tree. 45 minutes before dark a small 6 came through and hung out a while. Right at closing time a buck was chasing a doe on the bench above me.

01-Nov-15
I thought last night was going to be the night, in the last 30 - 40 minutes I saw 8 different doe walk by my stand at 20 yes. NOT A SINGLE BUCK. No Rut Activity in central PA

01-Nov-15
Way to go guys. Dan and I saw a nice buck on the way back to the house. Dan saw a buck chasing a doe Sunday morning on his drive back towards town. Lots of fun.

01-Nov-15
Congrat's Joe!!

01-Nov-15
Nice going guys! Great looking bucks. Congratulations.

01-Nov-15
Nice buck baked, wow Joe that is one heck of a buck congrats buddy!

Saturday I saw a doe and a fawn st 9am and another doe and fawn at 11:30am, they were trying to shake a nice 2 1:2 year old 8 point that I grunted in at 11:45 and passed on. Nothing in the afternoon set all day. In Ohio right now roasting

Mike

01-Nov-15
Thanks guys and gal, also had the good fortune, and the grace of God, to kill a nice eight point today over in New Jersey with my Stiker TDR. What an adventure that was. I'll try to get pics off my Iphone

01-Nov-15

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Just got off the phone with Bowjo, he is excited as a little kid. Here are the pictures.

01-Nov-15

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

01-Nov-15

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

01-Nov-15
Congratulations Joe on a couple of successful hunts.

02-Nov-15
Wow Joe! Holy cow youre livin right Brother! Congratulations on a great season!

02-Nov-15
Nice job Joe!! Congrats !!

02-Nov-15
Awesome Joe, now that's huntin right there!

Mike

02-Nov-15
That's a BEAST Bowjo! Congrats! And that Joisey Deer is pretty nice too! Bet that was fun balancing the yak with him in it! ;-)

Man, you had one HECK of a weekend! :)

02-Nov-15
Way to go Joe. Looks like a neat story. Send me picks for the magazine.

02-Nov-15

Gonzo's embedded Photo
Gonzo's embedded Photo
Congrats to Brian & Joe, great bucks!

Son Jon shot nice doe this morning at day break. Meat in the freezer & smelly hocks for lore. Haven't seen any rutting activity yet! except......

Pat

02-Nov-15
Just found out that one of the Pine Hill guys, Ed Lyle, that got the do here on the stickbow hunt, scored on his first buck using that same Chise recurve bow. Shot this one in the heart.

02-Nov-15

Gonzo's embedded Photo
Gonzo's embedded Photo
except....my 3d target took beating, broke off both horns & an ear, ground all tore up. no chasing though, hoping it will heat up, like the weather, which could be better!

03-Nov-15

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
6:36 this morning with my 44 pound Chise New Breed reflex deflex longbow at about 22 yards. Double lunged him. 80 yard recovery.

03-Nov-15
Great buck Art congrats

Mike

03-Nov-15

Justgrad25's embedded Photo
Justgrad25's embedded Photo
Got this guy yesterday morning a little after 7am. Was in the low/mid 40's temp wise and foggy. A doe came in underneath me a little after it broke shooting light and a little while later, this guy came through. He checked a couple scrapes in front of me and when he stopped quartering away at 18 yards I shot.

He went a little distance, stopped and I could see the blood pouring out of him and hear it hitting the leaves.

Did his death run over a steep hillside and got tangled in lots of vines and briars on the hill. Worst drag out I ever had!

03-Nov-15
Congrats guys.

03-Nov-15
Way to go guys!

03-Nov-15
Nice bucks everyone. Vacation starts Thursday!

03-Nov-15

huntinelk's embedded Photo
Just before dark tonight. 18 yard shot, insight recovery.

Gene

03-Nov-15
Great job guys, lots of great pictures and stories!

04-Nov-15
nice pics guys. I got a doe down yesterday. Passed on some smaller bucks so hopefully the bigger boys will be moving this week.

04-Nov-15
This morning at 7:20 had a big mature, I'm guessing 4 1/2 year old buck come through, he came at an angle and the only shot he offered was at 25 yards slight quartering wide open only problem was he was perfectly lined up with the rising sun, pep sight? I could not even see the buck when he stopped the sun was blairing right in my eyes! Then instead of walking the trail and maybe giving me another chance out of the sunlight he skirts around some trees walks all around me but no shot to thick. Mewed at him he stopped looked back kept going then grunted when he was out of sight he never showed up. That's how it goes some times but it sucks because he was big! Had a small buck come in about a half hour later. That's all so far.

Great deer Justgrad & huntenelk

Mike

04-Nov-15
Art, ahem.... That wont make the cover.. Congrats!

04-Nov-15

My son decided that since he was out of deer tags, he wanted to shoot a turkey with his bow....he succeeded tonight.

04-Nov-15
Congratulations!!! A wonderful trophy for him.

04-Nov-15
Thats awesome man!

04-Nov-15
It was still fun Junior. Those other guys use trick photography anyway. Besides there was more to it than just plucking my string as I am sure you know.

04-Nov-15
Congrats to your boy Gene. That is awesome!

Tough one for sure Mike. Keep at it, persistance will pay

04-Nov-15
Thanks for the comments. Yes it is a pretty good piece of land that we have to hunt. My grandfather bought it in the 60's. I grew up hunting there and now Cody has the same opportunity.

05-Nov-15
Congrats guys..

05-Nov-15
Two buddies shot bucks lastnight, I bumped a doe on my way in at 2:00, saw nothing till I packed up my stand in the dark and as I took two steps the woods in front of me exploded, my other buddy who was setup 300yds below me saw a buck at dark but couldn't make out rack size. It might be hot but they are still doing their thing.

05-Nov-15
Congrats guys! Joe, slammer buck bro, and then a yak hunt, good deal!

Huntinelk, congrats to your son, a turkey with a bow! Way to go!

05-Nov-15
Turkey with a bow is awesome! Most of us will never do it.

Congrats!!

05-Nov-15
Wow- congrats guys! Been having a tough season, but you guys are keeping me motivated! ;-)

Hiked in a mile to a spot like Stick's yesterday on the S.F. Usually wait for this time of year and all-day sits due to the long walk. Sat. sun up to sundown and saw nothing but squirrels and chipmunks.......................until I pull in the driveway and spot 2 deer bedded on my septic mound! ;-)

P.S. Gonzo- I've had my 3D in the front yard attacked twice now. Second time it bent the cemented pegs at 45 degrees and body of deer was 8 ft from legs! :)

05-Nov-15
Saw 3 little bucks this morning. Not a doe in site.

05-Nov-15
Congrats to all, especially that young man and his turkey!

05-Nov-15
Jami and Jared went this AM and had a mature buck following a doe at 35 yds. Jame and her boyfriend Ben, went out this eve and had a monster right under their stands..... Of course he came in from behind and exited the same way.

It sure seems like all the bucks being killed are good buck.....2-1/2 + yr olds. Anyone else notice this?

Im stuck working thru the weekend with only nights to hunt to finish up the season.

06-Nov-15
I couldn't tell you Dale, as I have not seen a buck since the first week of the season! ;-) But from the pictures I am seeing, it sure seems like a lot of big bucks are being seen!

06-Nov-15
Congrats to successful guys! Glad to see someone is seeing rut activity. Been slow for us. Happy to see any deer, but I sure seen alot of spikes. Had to take today off, worried about too much warm sun! 2 mile hike tomorrow, hoping!

Pat

09-Nov-15
I hunted 11 hours every day, all day Monday through Saturday, 11/2 - 11/7. I saw way more buck than doe. 13 total plus another nice 8 on the trailcam near my stand 45 minutes after I had got down and was still walking out. The doe were either being chased by multiple buck or moving through very cautiously. I blew on the grunt tube Saturday morning and a doe stood up looked my way and took off like a dog that just got hit with a newspaper. No more grunting for me. I used no scent and only used the bleat can one time when I was playing with a little 5 point. He came by at 17 yards, wondered off out of sight and I called him back in 3 times before I let him go off and check a known bedding area 150 yards away. I also saw turkeys every day all day here in 5C. Some as close at 10 yards from the stand. 9 big gobblers put on a show Saturday morning fighting over a leaning tree they wanted to occupy. They roost and feed in an 8 acre woodlot full of mature oak, hickory and beech trees with honeysuckle and grape vines here and there. It's an all day turkey parade. After the second day they became downright annoying, we all know how a turkey can sound like a deer. Saturday afternoon I was treated to an air show put on by a pair of Redtailed Hawks. I did have a shot Thursday on a big buck right at dark but the doe that he was following spooked when she saw me turn my bow towards the buck. 3 seconds, and I've had gotten a 12 yard shot on a mature whitetail. Bowhunting can be measured in hours, days, weeks, and months. But the actual shot is mere seconds of intensity and can disappear in less than a heartbeat.

11-Nov-15
Went out Tuesday morning, but only saw deer while walking out of the woods to go to work at 9. Two groups of 4 does. Nice to know there were deer close, but no bucks moving.

Saturday I saw one small buck cruising at 8:15 and that was it for the morning.

Saturday afternoon we pushed out a patch of woods where the wind is too squirrely to hunt. My brother-in-law shot a nice 8 pt. 8 and 9 inch G-2s and 3s with 16 inch outside spread. Weighed 220 live and dressed out at 185. Biggest bodied deer to come from our farm.

• Sitka Gear