Treerat 03-Nov-15
Treerat 03-Nov-15
Bowhunting 5C 04-Nov-15
Brad Gehman 04-Nov-15
meatus 05-Nov-15
HerdManager 05-Nov-15
Treerat 05-Nov-15
01-Nov-15
What is everyone's thoughts on the warm weather coming this week and the rut? How much effect do you think it will have on the rut and deer movement?

01-Nov-15
Hunt the AM s is the best plan.

01-Nov-15
I'll be hunting the mornings... for squirrels. I think it will be absolutely perfect weather.

01-Nov-15
Was supposed to have this whole week off and part of next week, but I changed it to have the end of this week and all of next week off. Supposed to be alot cooler the last week. Hope I made the right decision.

02-Nov-15
Jeff I see more squirrels when it rains, seems birds of pray don't fly much in the rain, you need to pray for rain.

I'm off this week, I've shot most of my better archery bucks during midday hours from Nov 2-10, this warm weather is not ideal and there may be less movement during midday and mornings and evenings will probably give you the best chance to see deer movement the next few days but I'll still sit all day because you never know when that big boy is going to decide to get up and move, plenty of big bucks have been killed when it's warm out. You have to be there when he gets there that's half the battle.

Mike

02-Nov-15
I think, along with the rut, it's a good phase of the moon for deer movement during midday. But this weather stinks. Got out for a couple of hours this morning wearing my early season clothes. I do expect the warm weather is going to screw up deer movement somewhat.

02-Nov-15
I agree with you Mike. I had planned to take Wed. off and do an all day sit- still planning on it. Can't kill the big boys sitting at home waiting for the temps to drop! ;-)

02-Nov-15
The warm weather may slow the deer movement a bit,but they will still be active SOMETIME during the day.And its a lot more comfortable for me to do an all day sit on a nice day like today.I will take this weather anytime!

02-Nov-15
So far I've seen deer all day right up to when a guy walked up and told me the story about the big buck he wounded Friday evening 20 yards on the other side of the trail I hunted Friday morning, ( where I am now) complete pass through he watched the buck walk off bed an hour get up and leave, came back Saturday and never found it, I love hunting public land. Oh and it's a 40 minute steady walk in here I'm guessing 1 1/2 miles! The guy is up here from Texas hunting and I'd say in his mid 60's he said to me "heck don't know how I'd of gotten a buck that big out of here"....here's your sign

Mike

03-Nov-15
Hey Rut, I pretty much saw deer all day long Monday even after that guy walked up and wanted to talk about the buck he hit, by the way I had a picture of his buck on my camera it walked by an hour after he hit it. Not anywhere as big as he said maybe a 110 8 point, anyway had a buck doing that long growl grunt from 5:10-5:30 in the bedding area all the doe I seen were coming out of he just never showed up in time it was exciting though he sure sounded like the big one anyway...prolly a spike ; )

Mike

03-Nov-15
Holy hot out ...yeah this sucks

Mike

04-Nov-15
Beach chairs and 30SPF the thoughts of the day.

Not Hunting..

04-Nov-15
I'm looking forward to an near all day hunt on Saturday in Potter. Cooling off, and that should help.

First hunt of the year. Hope the kid I'm taking gets a shot.

05-Nov-15
Yes it's hot but they are still doing their thing, get out there and roll the dice, in two weeks you won't have that option.

05-Nov-15
We will in 2B! Finally we get to hunt the 2nd half of November and shoot bucks and does!

PA laws are a mess. Why can't the whole state hunt the 2nd half of November. There is just no reason for some of these idiotic laws.

05-Nov-15
Thursday nov 5th was two bucks so far a 3 point at 11:15 and a wide 6 point at 11:45 it's 72 and bucks are moving hard to believe

• Sitka Gear