Mad dog 03-Nov-15
skipmaster1 04-Nov-15
sweet old bill 05-Nov-15
pogo 05-Nov-15
sweet old bill 06-Nov-15
Ace of Spades 06-Nov-15
bow shot 06-Nov-15
02-Nov-15
The weather is projected to be around 72 degrees and sunny. I know the rut is close and a lot of people are seeing chasing and rut activity, scrapes, rubs. It is going to be hot tomorrow, just wanted everyone's opinion on hunting tomorrow and if anyone was going out. What is the best time, morning or evening? And will the temperature slow down activity? I hunt in Wellsville, NY near the PA border

02-Nov-15
In previous years when it was warm I have pictures of mid day bucks in the middle of the day. I usually hunt mornings myself and have taken deer on days where it warmed up to 60 plus in the afternoon. Can't predict anything but I know for sure you have to be out there to score. Good luck

02-Nov-15
All we can do is predict the level of activity.....there is no telling what will actually make em move. Climb a tree.....the right deer moving fo rthe wrong reason , is better than the "best time".

02-Nov-15
I shot a p&y 10pt. on a 10/15/99 that was a 70 degree day. He came through at 7:10 am. I know an 85 yr. old man and his wife refused to go gun hunting one morning because the winds were really blowing hard. He went anyway and shot a p&y 8pt. He said it came through at first light and he had trouble holding the crosshairs on him because the tree was blowing back and forth so hard. The more days and time you put in pay off over the long run no matter what the weather. Most often if daytime temperatures are over 55 degrees the rutting action takes place at night so they say. I went fishing today and my friend called who owns the land and said a 8pt. was in the field at 7am. If a doe is ready to stand for a buck it could be a 100 degrees and he will be on her. He will go where she goes. 3 yrs. ago I was at a weight scale at a general store in Indiana. The owner had a picture board. One huge buck was shot on a 75 degree day. Regardless of temps. they have to water and eat.

02-Nov-15
Can't kill them sitting on the couch! Shawn

03-Nov-15
In stand right now on Long Island...georgeous day...nuthin...heard a Big Tom...about 7am...The more I hunt, and fish, the more humble I become and realize..patience and putting in the hours eventually pay off. Good luck. MD

03-Nov-15
Just saw a Hawk try to snatched a fat old squirrel from his tree perch...fatso won! These are the gems that pass an otherwise quiet day...it's just great to be out, vote later. God Bless America!.MD

03-Nov-15
Just got in from today's morning hunt . No deer, but absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Glad I went. Not much time, have to get at a lab that is do for school. Otherwise, I think it would have been like the old days: Watch from sunset till nap time, eat in the woods, scout to another stand, nap again, and then watch for the last 'couple hours. Heavenly.

Thanks for the little shove guys, I almost stayed in this morning. That would have been a shame.

Yup, its 70 at my house right now, lol!!

03-Nov-15
"due", not "do", lol!!!

03-Nov-15
Oh..I'm not the only one who admits he falls asleep? Ha ha..usually wake up when deer is right under me...MD

03-Nov-15
that's how I call them in!

03-Nov-15
Its better than being at work!

03-Nov-15
Your so still, they come right in. Think I may saw some pre-rut action late morn MD

04-Nov-15
I rattled in a nice old 225# ish 8 point. Only about 110" but a nice deer, almost got a shot but a spike came running in between U.S. and the big guy took off after him. Saw 5 does as well. All in the morning. The afternoon was hot but I had a 125" ish 8 point come by at 35 yards but never gave me a shot. That was 3pm in full sun. I then had a 4 point come under me at last light. Had a little 8 running around next to my house this morning at 9;30 grunting up a storm. If I can be in the woods, I will be, no matter what the weather... Especially this time of year

05-Nov-15
11/5 hunting this PM for a I hope a birthday buck ( 75 years young today ) I got a great 7 point buck on my birthday a few years ago, the shot was a 20 yard as he made a scrape.

05-Nov-15
Happy birthday Bill! I hope you get a good bucks today!

06-Nov-15
No buck but it was so warm, it was nap time.

Had a great day with family, lots of email s giving me birthday wishes, wife had a great dinner planned. Kids called in with best wishes...

06-Nov-15
Happy birthday!

06-Nov-15
…and many more..

• Sitka Gear