Metikki 08-Nov-15
Treerat 09-Nov-15
Rut Nut 12-Nov-15
Treerat 16-Nov-15
DaleHajas 16-Nov-15
Treerat 17-Nov-15
HerdManager 17-Nov-15
02-Nov-15
Driving Friday, hunting Saturday - Thursday. Hunting with Windy Ridge Outfitters. Zone 6. Weather is going to be awesome Saturday and Sunday! High pressure, and cold after being warm all week. I think I'm going to hit it just right. I'll be doing live hunts every day.

02-Nov-15
Wish you the best, Herd..

03-Nov-15
Good luck!

03-Nov-15
Looks like your timing it just right Herd, good luck and please let me know what you think of your outfitter, I'm sitting on 3 Iowa Prefrence points right now, would rather do a DIY hunt but do not really have the time to scout public there, even if you find a good public spot then your at the mercy of however many other hunters show up. Going with an outfitter just makes more sense, just have to find a good one who is not full of crap and lazy.

Mike

03-Nov-15
I've heard nothing but good things about this outfitter.

I went on public land back in 09. Missed a giant. The public land is not pressured. The locals all have farms to hunt, and there are so few NR hunters. I went near Centerville, Zone 5. I saw another hunter only one day I was there. Getting time to go scout was impossible for me, so I was scouting and hunting, which is not ideal. The other thing that screwed me was all the corn was still standing (2nd week of Nov) due to the wettest fall on record and the farmers couldn't get their machines in the fields. I still saw lots of deer on the public land, and would consider doing it again.

03-Nov-15
Hope you have a great time. Good luck and stay safe.

03-Nov-15
Mike treerat, check your pm.

05-Nov-15
Have a safe trip! Good luck.

Post photos.

BSked

05-Nov-15
Good luck herd!

06-Nov-15
go get em herd! GL

Bill v

06-Nov-15
Good luck Herd- have a great time! :)

06-Nov-15
I'm here, after an 11 hour drive. Windy Ridge Outfitters.

06-Nov-15
Good luck! There's no place I'd rather be than Iowa in November.

07-Nov-15
Wishing you the best, Herd.

08-Nov-15
Hey Good LUCK! Iowa has some Monsters. Im heading to Kentucky Fri Nov. 13 for their Rifle hunting opener Saturday. I really like Kentucky...its a beautiful place for deer hunting and no Draw.

08-Nov-15
No draw? :)

09-Nov-15
I see what you did there Dale

Lol no draw!!! That would make it easier!!!

Mike

12-Nov-15
Ok- I'll say it........................x-bow guys don't like to DRAW! ;-)

16-Nov-15
What the he'll happened to Herd? Hope he didn't flat lay out to many BB & fawns and get tossed out of there ; ) probably still hunting public I would guess. Update Herd?

Mike

16-Nov-15
Main forum......

17-Nov-15
Seems as though I was looking in the wrong place. Herd shot a nice 10 point in Iowa good job Herd congrats.

Mike

17-Nov-15
He's an average deer for there. Outfitter really wasn't putting us on the big deer, and they didn't seem to have stands in the right places. Properties were awesome, they just don't know how to hunt them for archery.

• Sitka Gear