Contributors to this thread:
BabyBowman 03-Nov-15
MichaelArnette 04-Nov-15
MichaelArnette 04-Nov-15
habitatlover 08-Nov-15
Stinkbait1 09-Nov-15
BabyBowman 09-Nov-15
03-Nov-15
How's it going everyone? With rut season kicking off I'm curious as to what everyone is seeing out there.

04-Nov-15
I've been hunting public land and haven't seen a mature buck since before the season...its been my slowest for bucks yet but I think that's going to change quick. I passed two 1.5 year old bucks last weekend and shot a 1.5 year old buck on public last weekend. I'll be hunting private land the next few weeks so that should be changing soon. G!

04-Nov-15
I've been hunting public land and haven't seen a mature buck since before the season...its been my slowest for bucks yet but I think that's going to change quick. I passed two 1.5 year old bucks last weekend and shot a 1.5 year old buck on public last weekend. I'll be hunting private land the next few weeks so that should be changing soon. G!

08-Nov-15
to warm still all deer on my farms are only moving at night or the last few minutes of seeing light, seeing scrapes and aggressive rubbing but thats it im in the western part of OK

09-Nov-15
Saw quite a bit of chasing going on this weekend. Mainly small bucks pestering the does. One guy saw a really big buck following a doe Saturday morning. He wasn't chasing her, just following along behind her about 10 yards. I saw a nice 8 pt Sunday morning but he was just cruising through the woods. He was grunting softly every so often. He was out of range though.

09-Nov-15
I saw a small bodied 6 point and a good size 8 point Saturday morning. Both came within 20 yards but neither turned for me to get a shot. The 8 point was coming down a trail and I was waiting with my bow drawn for him to get to a window through the trees. Then he stopped and turned into the thick stuff.

• Sitka Gear