horsethief51 14-Nov-15
BC173 15-Nov-15
Gonzo 15-Nov-15
horsethief51 15-Nov-15
Justgrad25 16-Nov-15
Gonzo 16-Nov-15
Yodermeister 18-Nov-15
07-Nov-15
It's never long enough is it? Be safe folks, Holidays are coming up. Patience and endurance could mean a great succesful hunt! Wear the harness!

07-Nov-15
That flew by.

07-Nov-15
I haven't even hunted yet!

07-Nov-15
Took my buddy, Dale, out this afternoon who some of you DHP guys know from last year's hog hunt in Tennessee, and set him up near a brush pile in a corn field corner where he could see down into the woods where I was sitting in a tree stand. A little after 4 a pair of does disappearred off to my right. About a half hour later I hear a bow shot followed by a solid whack. 2 deer come flying in out of the field and I can see a big red spot on the second doe's right side. She got about 30 yards to my right and she nose dived. Game over. He reminded me of a kid on Christmas morning.

We went back to the house to get my deer dragging stuff and when we got back there was a buck standing where the does had been when he made the shot. There was also a fresh scrape. His response was oh well, maybe next time.

Sometimes its more fun to see your buddies having a good time.

07-Nov-15
Congrats to Dale!! Tell him to send me pics for DHP

08-Nov-15
Thats cool Art! Dale huh.....He a handsome feller too?:)

08-Nov-15
I am sure he has always thought so. LOL.

08-Nov-15
This week should be a great week... wheather is cooling down and bucks are on their feet. I shot a nice one bumping doe saturday. Good luck!

08-Nov-15
Dennis..... Pics OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! :)

09-Nov-15

Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Dale, He lost his right eye and tour his left ear... so he was blind and deft! I'll take all the advantages I can get!!!lol

09-Nov-15

Here's a good shot of his ear.

09-Nov-15
Was out in 5C for an all day vigil on Sat and saw 5 buck, 1 doe & 50-60 Turkies. The doe came busting through at 3:40pm with a 6pt attached to her rear, followed by a 4pt & 3pt, they all stopped and sniffed my special golden estrous I put down, all presented shots but none taken, saw a shooter at 10:30 at 80yds out but never came in for a shot. Great day to be in th woods, also got to hear the Lehigh Football game announcer broadcast the whole game from a few miles away, sound sure does travel in the valleys.

09-Nov-15
Today would be an awesome day in the stand! Hope many of you are out there enjoying it. Stuck here at work and only have a doe tag turkey tag left....

They were running a lot this AM on the drive into work.

09-Nov-15
Only seen a spike and treerats. Never had much luck this week of the season and by the way my season has gone I'm just going to enjoy sitting in the stand till i have to get out and go to work. Good luck and be safe to anyone hunting today hope you slay a big one.

09-Nov-15
Nice buck Dennis - congratulations.

09-Nov-15
Very nice buck Dennis congrats

Mike

09-Nov-15
Shot a buck at 9am watch him go down. Currently dragging him out to truck. Small buck but its meat for my freezer.

09-Nov-15
Thanks Mike and Dave!

09-Nov-15

lazer2's embedded Photo
lazer2's embedded Photo
Not my biggest but my smallest and I don't care because its going to feed my family. Good luck guys and also this is the only legal buck i seen while hunting this season.

09-Nov-15
Nice looking dog...

09-Nov-15
Dennis Im sure you see some incredible critters being a taxidermist an all....Dont Know what hangs on your personal wall. But........

That buck..... To me is the ultimate whitetail adversary. Look at that warrior! My goodness what a tribute to the whitetail species, their toughness and hardiness. Every bite of that bucks venison should be accompanied by a glass of wine or brew!

09-Nov-15
They need to close doe seaon for 2 years! All I see is buck and maybe 1 or 2 doe! That Gary Alt guy really messed up deer shootin' in Pennsylvania!

09-Nov-15
Congrats lazer.

Two Hawks....you funny...

10-Nov-15
Congrats Mike

10-Nov-15
Good Job Lazer!

10-Nov-15
Nice Raz!

Lazer, its gotta be that paint job on that bow. LOL.

10-Nov-15
Great job lazer. Congrats!

10-Nov-15

Stekewood's embedded Photo
Stekewood's embedded Photo
Got this guy in 5D 11/9.

10-Nov-15
Congratulations Stekewood. Very nice buck and it looks like good shooting as well.

10-Nov-15
Congrats on a nice buck Steve. Last time you sit one of my stands:-)

Hahaha

BSked

10-Nov-15
Thanks guys. BSKED and I hunt adjacent areas, and one of the stands in his area was particularly hot. He kindly gave me the go ahead to hunt it and I had some awesome sits prior to taking the buck there yesterday. Contrary to the advice on one of the other threads running right now, we openly share what we are seeing and it adds to the excitement and camaraderie.

Congratulations Lazer and Dennis! Dennis, did you weigh your buck? He looks like a pig!

10-Nov-15
Stekewood nice job on another awesome critter!

10-Nov-15
Nice bow and buck stekewood!

Thanks guys and thanks RC she is me and my son's best friend. The buck I shot was just legal too. The g3 was an inch exactly 1". I needed the meat bad this year and didn't have time to send in for a doe tag because work sent me to Mobile Alabama to help open another store, so I wasn't home to send out for one. My son still has his buck tag and wants to go out saturday to try one last time to get his first bow buck. Good luck and stay safe brothers!

11-Nov-15

BSKED (mobile)'s embedded Photo
BSKED (mobile)'s embedded Photo
Next year just going to sit in my brothers driveway. This guy and another decent buck were chasing a doe

11-Nov-15
Gut shot a little 8pt about 7am. Slipped out and going to wait till about 1 to head back in. Could see him for about 5 minutes after shot and he was looking pretty sick already. Hopefully can add a picture later this afternoon.

11-Nov-15
Stekewood, Nice buck congrats! I did not weigh him. I'm guessing a 3.5 or4.5 yr old. I will be sending his teeth out for ageing. I had pictures of him previous years... the ear was a dead give away.

Good luck JB. Hope to see a pic soon.

11-Nov-15
Can't figure out how to post pic from phone. He was dead right where I lost seen him. Went in right where I wanted but didn't realize he quartered to me, exit in gut. 1 lung, liver, and guts. Was stiff after 6 hours. Zero blood on ground other than where he stood for several minutes. Post pic tomorrow from work computer.

11-Nov-15
Good job JB! Congratulations.

11-Nov-15
Glad you found him JB.

11-Nov-15
Congrats Jb

11-Nov-15
Way to go JB!

11-Nov-15

JB mobile's embedded Photo
JB mobile's embedded Photo
Maybe this will work. Not the biggest, but between coaching football and wrestling with my son and making as many soccer matches as possible with daughter, he is good enough for me.

Fun morning, he postured and snort wheezed at a little 4pt from about 25yds before offering a shot. Wish my 8yo would have been there. Would have been a great shot for him. He hit a spike last Saturday in brisket, didn't recover, sure he is still alive. Hopping he can connect this Saturday.

11-Nov-15
Congrats Dennis, Steke, Lazer and JB. Great bucks for the last week and great pics as well.

11-Nov-15
Congrats to all you guys who tagged out!! Some very nice deer!

11-Nov-15
I can't believe the amount of ticks that were on my buck. Never seen so many in my life. I gotta bomb the bed of my truck with permethrin and hope my dog doesn't have any. Make sure you guys are protected from them buggers!

12-Nov-15
lazer...mine was loaded too, southern 2B. Hunting in northern 2B, I have had ticks on me almost every time out. Last Saturday, I was out trying to film and picked off at least 18 wood ticks (the bigger ones).

Saturday when I got home, I was online ordering Sawyers from Amazon.

Congrats to those who have posted up their deer!

12-Nov-15

Yodermeister's MOBILE embedded Photo

My brother in laws buck from our farm. 8 pt. 7-8 inch G2s and 3s. 16 inches outside. 220 live weight 185 dressed. Heaviest deer ever taken on our farm.

12-Nov-15
Great bucks guys, I've had lots of close calls and have seen some real nice bucks so far but no great shot opportunities on a buck I wanted to shoot yet. Looked like 11/11/15 was the day to be out! Seems like everyone I knew either killed one saw a monster or two or hit one, my phone was buzzing and ringing all day. I planned on hunting but a good friend hit s giant of a buck he had been hunting at 7:12 that morning so I spent the whole day trying to help him find it unfortunately it was a bad hit and we never did find him.

Lazer I hit a 4 point with my truck 10/30/15 just broke his neck called the GC got permit number that sucker had ticks all over him to, first time I ever had ticks literally crawling all over me while skinning a deer

Mike

12-Nov-15
Nice bucks, guys! Congrats!

I can't believe the way this season is going. I have yet to see a legal buck, and only have seen 2 bucks all season while on stand.

12-Nov-15
Congratulations, to all the lucky folks getting these nice buck! I'm a little jealous, but happy to see deer still exist! LOL!

Rut, Don't feel bad...my season mirrors yours, exactly! I've only seen two buck while hunting this year...one had four points, the other had buttons. I've hunted four different properties this season, and haven't been seeing many deer, even though there is plenty of sign. I'm guessing they move only at midnight! Of the few deer I have had within bow range, they've all been waaaay too small to even consider loosing an arrow. I'm a meat hunter first and foremost, but I have to draw the line when they're small enough to be eaten in one sitting! LOL!

Good luck to everyone in the final few days we have remaining of archery season....let's keep these pictures rolling!

12-Nov-15

Went to work at 3am for a few hours early Tuesday morning so I could be in a tree by first light. Found several cleaned out scrapes on my way in. Heard turkeys at first light then this guy came cruising by at 715. 30 yard shot after grunting to stop him. Shot looked, felt, and sounded good. He bounded down the mountain into some thick laurel and quickly disappeared. He made a terrible racket as he went. Then he stopped and I could hear him coughing before he took off again. Then there was silence. I was confident of the hit and climbed down sooner than normal because of the coming rain. Found my arrow with good blood on it and on the ground nearby. Took a few more steps and a deer jumped up. Immediately I thought that couldn't have been him since it was much closer than where I last heard him moving. Regardless, I backed out, recruited my dad and uncle for the recovery and returned 2 hours later just as the heavy rain began. The blood trail was not hard to follow and he was quickly recovered.

12-Nov-15
My was the same way until the 4 point i shot walked in front of me

13-Nov-15
Man some great bucks being taken! Way to go Guys!!!

13-Nov-15
Great buck Yodermeister. Congrats!

13-Nov-15
Stick, That's a great buck but he is nowhere NEAR 186". Either the buck that was killed was a different one, there's a tall tale being told, or someone needs a scoring lesson. ;-)

13-Nov-15

meatus's Link
Gotta agree with Stekewood, great buck but nowhere near 186, use the link I provided to see what a 180+ looks like.

13-Nov-15
Stick....I can only imagine what ppl are saying. And, you are correct,ppl are idiot's. ^)

13-Nov-15
Stick- I know what you're saying. Bowjo texted me 2 pics of that monster he shot and almost didn't look like the same one he posted on here- those other 2 pics don't show the mass.

And I agree whole-heartedly on the red lens on the headlamps. Been using one for years and it is amazing the difference between the red and white lens. I have one with 2 power settings and even on red-high it is barely visible from a distance.

14-Nov-15
Another real close call tonight in PA, had a beast of a 8 point come in at 3:55 he was walking right at the tree got to the water 17 yards quartering toward and decided to parallel it up to the 32 yard trail instead of walking through the puddle and staying on the close trail (lazy deer). I do not usually shoot 32 yards and in this case could not ethically do it you see this buck had to come in during a blizzard the wind was howling and the sleet/ snow was right in my face sideways. It was so windy and loud I tried grunting and tipping the doe bleat can as soon as I realized he was paralleling that water he could not hear it, heck I could not hear the bleat can and it was in my hand! I don't know what my arrow would do at 32 yards with hail hitting it flying straight into a 30 mph gust and deep down I'm glad I didn't find out. Deer wins again!

I've seen more shooter bucks this year than I can remember recently and they all have found a way to escape, funny how all the dinks and 100 inch 8 points walk right through the shooting lane clueless.

Mike

14-Nov-15
Congrats to all the successful hunters. Some really nice deer being tagged this week. And it's not over just yet.

14-Nov-15
Be over in Ohio flat land Sunday. Guys spotted a couple shooters there this past week.

14-Nov-15

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Here is a 176.

15-Nov-15
Horse thief...congrats. Helluva buck!!!

15-Nov-15

Gonzo's embedded Photo
Gonzo's embedded Photo
Season ended for me with only one 8pt. in bow range all season, umpteen spikes. My son Jon(Hightine) waited til 4:15 last day to get it done. Worse drag, I was ever involved in, steep,long, but short recovery, just straight down. Got home 10:30 last night.

Pat

15-Nov-15
Send one to the office Pat. You are a great dad.

16-Nov-15
Was that pic before or after the drag? If after, might explain the face! :-) congrats to your son getting it done in the waning moments of the 4th quarter...

16-Nov-15
Thanks Art! He's a good son too & lucky.

Pic was before the drag, he was all smiles after. Guess he was thinking what we were in for. Glad his buddy Ben was along.

Pat

18-Nov-15
Went to work at 3am for a few hours early Tuesday morning so I could be in a tree by first light. Found several cleaned out scrapes on my way in. Heard turkeys at first light then this guy came cruising by at 715. 30 yard shot after grunting to stop him. Shot looked, felt, and sounded good. He bounded down the mountain into some thick laurel and quickly disappeared. He made a terrible racket as he went. Then he stopped and I could hear him coughing before he took off again. Then there was silence. I was confident of the hit and climbed down sooner than normal because of the coming rain. Found my arrow with good blood on it and on the ground nearby. Took a few more steps and a deer jumped up. Immediately I thought that couldn't have been him since it was much closer than where I last heard him moving. Regardless, I backed out, recruited my dad and uncle for the recovery and returned 2 hours later just as the heavy rain began. The blood trail was not hard to follow and he was quickly recovered.

• Sitka Gear