habitatlover 08-Nov-15
Stinkbait1 09-Nov-15
MichaelArnette 10-Nov-15
Okie slayer 12-Nov-15
cottonwood 13-Nov-15
08-Nov-15

cottonwood's embedded Photo
cottonwood's embedded Photo
Strictly from a quality management perspective, this book walk? Or make hit list. Keep in mind this is an anomaly in my area and he is 2.5 years old I'm guessing, you can't see it in this picture but that is a 1.5 year old spike next to him

08-Nov-15
i would let him go another year and see what happens culling does very little good unless you have a high fence or a huge track of land (in my opinion) id wait and see what he turns into next year

09-Nov-15
I agree with habitat lover. Culling doesn't do a whole lot unless you have a high fence or big property.

This buck could very well be a real stud next year. I had a buck that at 2.5 yrs. looked not much better than the 1.5 yr. old in your picture above. At 3.5 yrs. he turned into a really nice 9 pt. with a cool looking rack. I know it was the same deer because he had a short, stubby tail and was easy to identify. However, that is a REALLY big spike. Might be kinda cool to take him and do a European mount. f you let him go and next year he is still a big spike, then take him out. But, in the end it's your choice.

10-Nov-15
Good input! I passed on him Saturday morning and will do so again if I see him.

12-Nov-15

Okie slayer's embedded Photo
Okie slayer's embedded Photo
Had this deer on camera for 5 years and he was a spike the first 4 years and made a nice dear on the 5th year...let him go

13-Nov-15
Well that's an awful representation for P&Y score but what a cool buck! Yes folks I will be letting him walk.

• Sitka Gear