Babysaph 12-Nov-15
fnshtr 12-Nov-15
gobbler 12-Nov-15
Babysaph 12-Nov-15
gobbler 12-Nov-15
Limbhanger 14-Nov-15
gobbler 14-Nov-15
10-Nov-15
Please understand these observations are not scientific, but I think they are interesting. When I took my doe to the processor he told me it was the 106th deer brought in to him this season. Last year he had a total of 37 during the entire archery season.

I asked him how many were crossbow kills. (I thought some of the increase might be attributed to them.) He said about 37 were taken by crossbows (Same number as total last year), 11 were taken with trad equipment and the rest with compounds.

While there are many factors that may explain the MUCH higher numbers for this particular processor this year, it will be interesting to see if the actual statistics do show this dramatic of an increase in the harvest. This processor is in southern Wood County.

11-Nov-15
The final software has been placed in the computer program and it will be able to be broken down. While we all have our suspicions as to what it will or will not show, soon we will be able to know for sure.

11-Nov-15
Yep! Just thought it was interesting.

11-Nov-15
It is, thanks

11-Nov-15
Wonder why the doe kill was down for rifle during the early season? Makes no sense does it? I would have sworn the crossbow kill would be the reason. Oh well. I stand corrected.

11-Nov-15
It could have been the weather???

I killed 2 does That Friday morning with my bow and I had to move as quick as I could to get them taken care of because it got to 80 degrees by 10 am

11-Nov-15
Deer kill will be up. I think it would be dramatic to suggest the crossow is the reason. I think it will be hard to give them any credit for increase in the near future because of the new tele-check. It is going to open eyes at just how many deer were going unchecked in my opinion. God Bless

11-Nov-15
That is a very valid point. We will know for sure after the end of the season or sooner.

11-Nov-15
How does the new telecheck show us how many deer were not checked in? If a guy doesn't want to check in a deer he isn't going to.

11-Nov-15
It can't . But again u can't legislate morality. Poachers will be poachers regardless of any system used. However, it may make it easier for some to be legal, or not. That is why fellow hunters and the public need to be more proactive at reporting people who they know are not playing by the rules.

12-Nov-15
again I ask, the archery is up 53 percent, please tell me another reason how this happened? according to the processor, 10 less than half were killed by crossbow (106-11 =95/2) that's one processor. now imagine all around the state those numbers...that's huge! therein lies the 53 percent

12-Nov-15
well I was referring to the comment that said "it is going to open eyes at just how many deer were going unchecked in my opinion"

12-Nov-15
I didnt't know there was a separate entry for trad kill when deer were checked it. How does the processor know what weapon was used? I am still trying to learn this new system. Is there something that we need to print out that has the weapon that was used to kill the deer on it? I must have missed that too. LOL.

12-Nov-15
JR: I think the processor was keeping track of the weapon used. I do know that when I checked in my deer, there are options of crossgun or bow. Oops, i meant "crossbow". ??

12-Nov-15
fnshtr, I accidentally make this mistake all the time too, LOL

JR, a butcher will not know unless he asks the hunter. The option on the e-check is archery or crossbow. There's no seperate box for compound, recurve, or longbow.

12-Nov-15
Yea that is what I thought. Kind of his own survey. But we will have a better handle on it with the e-check. In fact they already should know because I am sure it is real time. I would have thought the crossbow kills would have been the cause of the increase "bow" kill but I have been wrong before.

12-Nov-15
We'll know soon.

14-Nov-15
Horrible weather last year in gun season the kill will be up. You can just throw this years numbers out there will be no reliable data in terms of actual numbers.

14-Nov-15
Maybe, but there will be data on weapon type used.

• Sitka Gear