benlaverdiere 11-Nov-15
Towhead 11-Nov-15
SoDakSooner 18-Nov-15
Quailhunter 19-Nov-15
Shaft2Long 30-Nov-15
OkieJ 07-Dec-15
cottonwood 08-Dec-15
11-Nov-15
Hey there, I'm new to the forum and am hoping to gain some insight into the public land bow hunting in OK. I live in CO and am planning an out of state hunt to OK for deer in 2016. I was hoping to get some tips on where to go? Or what regions I should focus on for good public land hunting? Any insight or information would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance and best of luck!

11-Nov-15
Www.wildlifedepartment.com

Buy a WMA Atlass

There are tons and tons of public land opportunities.

I would start there and narrow down your options then post again

way too many places to give advice. Other than if it were me I would focus on Western Oklahoma. Black kettle and packsaddle areas.

18-Nov-15
That's where I would look....and it is close to CO.

19-Nov-15
Black Kettle would be good. Keep in mind quail season opens the second Saturday in November. It's the most popular public quail hunting spot in the nation. It gets hammered by bird hunters. It is huge and spread out, but keep that in mind when planning.

30-Nov-15
I just logged on here to do a search for hunting areas for a bowhunt to OK next year.

I had planned to do this about 5 years ago and for several reasons I wasn't able to do it. The black kettle area was a spot that kept coming up. I don't remember where I was actually going to go but it was some WMA if I remember right it was also somewhere near the Red River.

If I come across anything of note I'll be sure to pass it on. I'm just looking for deer density myself and I'm not at all worried about trophy quality just numbers.

07-Dec-15
Beaver WMA Is in the oklahoma panhandle and will be closer.

08-Dec-15
Good public land hunting is tuff to find in Oklahoma. I wouldn't plan on anything close to the quality I've seen on Colorado public land. You can shoot more deer though. Don't be afraid to check out private land as well access isn't too hard to get.

• Sitka Gear