RONO 22-Nov-15
tcosmic 22-Nov-15
GetEmDrake 05-Dec-15
GetEmDrake 05-Dec-15
deerman406 05-Dec-15
Greenman40 06-Dec-15
EJG 06-Dec-15
12-Nov-15
Whats going on in your area with the rut? I haven't seen a lot of bucks here in Monroe county the last few days. Hunted from 9am till dark yesterday. Saw several does alone. Road kill status going up now. A little to warm for the real toads to be up and around.

12-Nov-15
I think they are in lock down right now. I've seen several chasing earlier this week but yesterday morning, I only saw one juvenile buck all morning. I was hunting the Mendon Ponds Park area but I'm done hunting.

12-Nov-15
Went out this morning..unit 1c..was able to rattle up one buck that just wouldn't come in any closer than 75 yrds and a small spike ..didn't see any does at all.

12-Nov-15
I have been talking to guys back home and my friends say it is exploding right now. They are running everywhere and the breeding has begun. I think from what I hear at least where I hunt(Albany County)that the next week say from now til next Friday is gonna be awesome. Shawn

12-Nov-15
I was out this past weekend with the gang down towards portagville and letchworth park. We did not see a ton of activity. Small bucks and the does were primarily alone. Will be back out this weekend to finish the early now season. Hopefully the deer will be moving better after this rain and wind moves off tomorrow. Good luck

13-Nov-15
Scrapes are gone cold, getting covered with leaves. 7H. but my venison butcher says the work is suddenly coming in heavy.

13-Nov-15
No rut East End Of Long Island yet...M.D.

13-Nov-15
Nothing going on in orange county (3m) either, but its close

13-Nov-15
No chasing where I was in 7J tonight.. Seems like a lot less deer this year, winter took a huge toll I think.. Maybe this winter will be warm and they'll rebound some.

15-Nov-15
Anyone hunting Westchester see the Rut happening? M.D.

15-Nov-15
The weather is going to be on the warm side this week. Not good.

15-Nov-15
I spoke with the other two guys hunting the farm I hunt and they said to enjoy New Mexico...... it is really slow. Lock down.

15-Nov-15
How can they be in lock down if no one has seen any type of serious rutting activity? Strange season

16-Nov-15
Had them chasing on long island last weekend all 3 days, passed on a small 6 yesterday he was all alone

16-Nov-15
I drive the NYS thruway from Little Falls to Rockland County twice each week. On going down Monday, 11/2, there were 6 deer dead total, with 3 of them identifiable as bucks. Since then, the totals were lower. Today, there were 2 total. In the woods, deer sightings were lower than normal. I hunted Last Wed through Saturday. I agree that the deer are in lock down mode. I have hunted the exact same stand for the past several years, with the last 3 being 3 or 4 days of hunting during the same time period of the month (after Veterans Day). Last year, I saw 14 bucks in 3 days, this year I saw 3 bucks total in 4 days.

The chasing phase and breeding phase of the rut were about a week earlier than last year IMHO. Does this align with Alsheimer's predictions?

>>>>-------->

16-Nov-15
We have at least 20 different buck on camera. two of us have hunted 3 weeks and have seen no rutting going on. Has been the worst year of bow hunting in the 38 years I've hunted.

16-Nov-15
I think it will pick up this weekend. Saw a spike eating in field tonight and a doe came right to him from 200 yds. away. She just started feeding along side him. A little while later another doe joined them. He had no interest in either one.

16-Nov-15
I just got back from Kansas and I don't know where everyone is hunting but it is on. They are in somewhat of a lockdown as it seems lots of does being bred but plenty of chasing where I am hunting. I believe guys are missing it as with the moon just now coming on(and NO I don't believe in the moon phase rut prediction garbage)but I do believe it effects movement. As I was saying with it just starting to wax the best deer movement is mid day so unless you are in the woods between say 10 and 2pm. you are missing an awful lot. My Daddy always told me when the moon is directly overhead(Full) or directly underfoot(Dark) the best deer movement is mid day and that has been right for over 45 years. They are chasing and breeding right now and at least from what I have seen in the 2 days I have been home, it is the best it is gonna be the next few days. Shawn

17-Nov-15
Here in 9Y in Allegany County the rut was pretty much as predicted by the ahem, "moon garbage." It peaked between Halloween and Election Day as predicted. Right after Election Day the drop off in scrape activity was dramatic and now they have gone pretty much cold, except being hit by young bucks and does. The hot weather, rain and crazy wind held things up until last weekend when their was a real spike in chasing. But since, it dropped back off. I run 10 cameras on scrapes on four hunting properties and check them every few days when I hunt there. I have hunted or checked my cameras every day of the season.

17-Nov-15
That's funny, that is when you know the rut is really on, when the scrapes dry up and they go cold. Its because now the bucks are no longer looking, so no need to freshen scrapes, there are hot does out there and all they need to do is scent check doe bedding areas. That is the time to be in the woods, after the scrapes dry up. The rut is here fella's and if you have been in the woods and not seeing it, than you need to find the does. The bucks are where the does are right now. Shawn

19-Nov-15
On Sunday I saw that the scrapes by me were freshened up so my guess is that peak breeding is slowing down and they are trying to breed the last of the does that are still hot.

19-Nov-15
Exactly what I am seeing in 3S Mint. Scrapes dark and wet again and new rubs as of yesterday.

19-Nov-15
scrapes reopened on 11/18 in 8W

20-Nov-15
like a graveyard today 11-20-2015. 7J

20-Nov-15
I would say this is about the end. The bucks I saw this am were out looking again which is bad as gun season opens tomorrow. I say this weekend and they will be done. Not to say that there won't be some rutting activity but not like it was the previous week or so. Shawn

21-Nov-15
Got back frim Kansas yesterday. And today Saw a buck chasing this morning behind my house, and then another small buck going over the same trail ......all from my back window as I will not step foot in the woods during the regular season in NY.....

21-Nov-15
7M, scrapes all cold. Saw a coyote this morning and that was it. Shot a big cow doe around 2pm. Tarsal glands were clean and she was all alone. All trail cam pics of bucks have been at night over the last 3 weeks.

21-Nov-15
saw 2 bucks today, not chasing, but walking down trails left by some doe, hours later. doe came through at 8:30 ( I arrowed one) and the bucks came along sniffing at 10 and 11. 7H

21-Nov-15

Greenman40's embedded Photo
Greenman40's embedded Photo

22-Nov-15

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo
HANCOCK NEW YORK

22-Nov-15
cool pic rono, they love the edges.

05-Dec-15

GetEmDrake's embedded Photo
Hey guys check this out! No telling whether he's still walking around, this is on public land in a rifle county above the Finger Lakes but both look recently freshened up no? Second phase of the rut?

05-Dec-15

Here's the rub 30 yards further along the ridge

05-Dec-15
I think we should start seeing some young ones coming around so maybe a little rutting action in the next week. Shawn

06-Dec-15
I'm gonna cook a turkey and shuck some oysters tomorrow. I had a good season, not great!

06-Dec-15
just checked a camera today an the scrape in front of it was very freshly reopened and getting checked by several bucks in the last week

• Sitka Gear