kc 15-Nov-15
KPD 15-Nov-15
T Mac 15-Nov-15
kc 15-Nov-15
T Mac 25-Nov-15
SJJ 30-Nov-15
infiniti11 05-Dec-15
14-Nov-15
Heading up to Oxford for opening weekend of rifle. Any info on deer outlook in the area is much appreciated.

15-Nov-15
I shoot 3D at the Oxford rod and gun and have seen several good deer in the area. The amount of deer still is I think just coming back from a very hard winter last year. But the amount of doe's this spring with two fawns was just about every doe I saw.

15-Nov-15
That's odd Bill as up my way (Plymouth) I never saw a fawn for over half the summer. Not seeing that many now either. Too many yotes.

15-Nov-15
Same here in the McDonough area, not many fawns seen this summer. Agree too many coyotes

15-Nov-15
Well maybe i'll get a crack at killing a coyote! Thanks guys.

15-Nov-15
shoot all you want

25-Nov-15
Well I hunted opening weekend for rifle and did manage to see several does just no bucks. A buddy of mine shot a 6ptr Sun eve. we lost blood went back in morning did a grid search and found him a couple hundred yards away from where he was shot but the coyotes beat us to him and there wasnt much left, what a shame. One of the guys in camp did see a dead coyote in the bed of a truck. We may return in January to hunt coyotes!

30-Nov-15
I am very close to your location. I do Euro Mounts on the side and I would say 98% of my customers are hunting for another buck (illegally) despite bringing me one to do...that's based on 50-60 heads a year x last 5 years. Killing one and tagging it and being done simply does not exist for the most part......hard to let a 90" 2 yo walk when that is the norm around you. Not surprised your hunting was tuff...

05-Dec-15
SJJ is about spot on. I grew up in S Herkimer Co and live in Cortland Co. Back home the attitude was always "someone has a tag" It is pervasive. That being said, every year I hear the doom and gloom. Yet I hunted 7 times this year and saw deer every time, only once did I not see a buck. 7M or 7P. 3 sits on Public ground. I killed a doe and a good buck (130" 10) Is NY awesome......no.....is 7M much better than 3 years ago?.....yep. The area near Plymouth has had a LOT of pressure on the antlerless deer due to Beaver Meadow DMAP tags too.

• Sitka Gear