horsethief51 21-Nov-15
Ben Farmer 21-Nov-15
Jeff Durnell 21-Nov-15
Ben Farmer 21-Nov-15
horsethief51 22-Nov-15
Treerat 22-Nov-15
huntinelk 22-Nov-15
15-Nov-15
Is it archery bear in PA or are you hunting out of state? I am sitting in my camper in Ashtabula County Ohio getting ready for bed. Battery power only. Saw one deer at dark that did not spook. Will be back out at it early Monday.

15-Nov-15
Can you guys around Philly and the Burg still shoot bucks? Or do you have to wait until opening day of rifle?

15-Nov-15
We can still shoot bucks.

16-Nov-15

huntinelk's embedded Photo
Prince of Wales island. Even shot a deer on a Sunday. ....

Gene

16-Nov-15
If I didn't use my buck tag already, I'd be out in 2B. Would have been a great morning.....I am sure they are moving.

Saw over 20 doe/fawns out in a field munching away on my way into work this AM in the predawn light.

May use some vacation to go out and film a little. Tough deciding b/w that or maybe hitting the river for some walleye action....might be too nice this week to sit in a tree...

16-Nov-15
Nice Gene. Beautiful Blacktail! Congratulations.

16-Nov-15
Nice deer. Nothing this morning.

16-Nov-15

Here is a better picture, showing the colors on the deer and antlers

16-Nov-15
Congratulations, huntinelk! Thats a fine buck, and a great picture as well.

I'm going to do my hunting in the yellow pages....or Google search. The only hunting I'll be doing, is for a good psychiatrist, who will be able to listen to my repressed feelings and disappointment in regards to this archery season. I'm so depressed, that I hope they're able to prescribe something good for depression...maybe Zoloft or Prozac. When I turn on the TV and a hunting show comes on, it takes all I have to not have a nervous breakdown. If someone even mentions the word "Rut", or "shooter buck", I start to tear up a little. Oh well...good luck to everyone out there who still has tags...or is still in denial! LOL!

(I hope no one takes this seriously!)

16-Nov-15
Art hope your sitting all day because it seems the deer in that area move in the middle of the day. I checked some cameras in Ashtabula county Sunday and had photos of several shooters in daylight all pictures were between 9:30 and 1:30 most 10:30 to 12:30

I'll be over there Wednesday Thursday Friday

Mike

16-Nov-15
Thanks for the info Mike. Only s5ayed until 11 today. Plan to stay longer tomorrow. Saw 3 does at 5 pm.

17-Nov-15
5C Sellersville

18-Nov-15
I'm still hunting in 2B! I'm having the worst season In 20 years!! Oh well, got a little time left and have vacation days scheduled for Friday and Saturday this week and off Monday. Going out in the morning before afternoon shift.

18-Nov-15
Good luck Ben! I'm still hunting 2B as well. Don't have much time though and no Sunday hunting sucks you know what...saw some chasing on Saturday so I'd sit as much as you can! Was in the wrong stand Saturday afternoon. Had a big 10 I'm after 200 yards away from where I was in my climber(didn't see him but my cam did) He was in front of my camera at 5:05 PM by my other stand...so far he is winning this Chess match!

18-Nov-15
Thanks Matt. Good luck to you too!

18-Nov-15
Yes, 5D/5C is just now getting started for the rut. I have no idea what guys were seeing previous to this week but I finally got bucks during daylight on camera.

With the extension, I am hoping to close the deal on one soon. The weather was terrible early and even up till last week. Now it is on!

19-Nov-15
Back to ohio friday. Should be interesting. Might snow up there.

19-Nov-15
Hunting 2B Saturday. Still have a buck tag and pretty much any buck over 100" is getting an arrow.

19-Nov-15
Good luck guys

20-Nov-15
Saw a deer at quitting time this evening and had to sit still an extra 10 minutes until it left.

21-Nov-15
Saw some real good rutting activity Thursday in Ohio. First thing in the morning I saw a big mature buck moving real fast about 80 yards out. I stayed in that stand till noon and got down to check a few cameras in the area that buck was heading. I found a bunch of real fresh sign including a huge scrape that was recently opened with tine marks and big tracks in it. I went back to my truck and got my clmber. At 4:30 I heard grunting and for the next 45 minutes watched a big 8 point chase does around me. Three different times he was straight on standing facing me or behind branches at 20 yards. He just never would give me a good shot. A couple times I thought he was going to walk the trail leading by me and then he would start chasing again all together he ran off one small buck he singled one doe out of four and he even was chasing two coyotes at one point snort wheezing at them that was a sight I had never seen before. So no buck for me but I know I'll never forget that hunt.

Mike

21-Nov-15
Hope you can keep at it Mike. I need a picture from you. Have't had one in a while. Goodluck.

21-Nov-15
Nothing but a few little bucks here in 2B. I only have a couple hunts left before the gun season starts, been a tough year!

21-Nov-15
Blah blah deer blah buck blah hunt blah blah camera blah my blah mature blah seen a, gotta get my tree blah hunt blah... scent sight sigh-yawn. Good luck fellas. Go git em. I have faith in ya :^)

21-Nov-15
Looks like Jeff has been sniffing to much bow glue or Osage dust or something:)

22-Nov-15
Saw a huge fox squirrel on Friday and I thought of Jeff.

22-Nov-15
Jeff since all that little rant of yours was bits and pieces of things I posted here I can assume your talking to me MR Pot stirer, you post on a bow site that is against everything you stand for just to stir the pot IMO and that's a bad job by you, don't you have some archery uur ummm carpentry stuff to do in your work shop with your power tools to make some crooked bows? Maybe you should be using your spare time more wisely. So blah blah squirrel hunt blah blah potter county blah blah opportunist blah blah empty freezer blah blah probably does not even hunt keep at those squirrels Jeff I know eventually you'll kilt one of those elusive critters ; ) smiley face blah blah hater

Blah blah wannabe hunter

22-Nov-15

Here is where my last arrow ended up on Fri, before leaving POW. The recipient, was a small fork horn, with a quartering to me shot. Heading back to PA now, stuck in Chicago airport, because of weather delays.

Gene

• Sitka Gear