SpongeBen 18-Nov-15
shakyheadsabol 19-Nov-15
concordprof 20-Nov-15
shakyheadsabol 20-Nov-15
gobbler 20-Nov-15
Bennett2012 22-Nov-15
gobbler 22-Nov-15
16-Nov-15
Did anyone draw a tag for the park hunt? I'm interested to hear how this goes.

16-Nov-15
IDK yet, but I do know there were some bunny huggers trying to protest the hunt. Pipestem is severely overpopulated and the herd needs thinned some for the benefit of the deer and habitat .

16-Nov-15
The gm of my plant and the shipping super of my plant both drew..I'll let you know how it went

16-Nov-15
They should play the lottery for real then. They drew against some amazing odds. DNR got a lot, and I mean a lot of applications.

The browse line at Pipestem is incredible. Most certainly over populated.

16-Nov-15
I didn't draw Pipestem.. But, I did draw a Mercer doe tag and a bear permit for Thanksgiving week in Pocahontas County. Hopefully, I'l fill them both. God Bless

16-Nov-15
I applied too and was not drawn. Two people I know hunted in the pipestem hunt today. There were 40 hunters drawn and only 22 showed up leaving 18 spots open. 5 walk-ins showed up making it 27 hunters. I am pretty sure all 27 were successful.

16-Nov-15
27 out of 27 people killed a deer? Unheard of.

16-Nov-15
I participated in the two IBO tournaments (IBO Spring Nationals) down there the past two years and all you had to do is go near the golf course and you would easily see 50 plus deer.

16-Nov-15
I agree. It would be dang hard to go on a hunt there and NOT kill something. God Bless

18-Nov-15
My mistake on the success rate for the first day. I misunderstood my friends when they were telling me about it. There were a few people that did not get a deer. Do not know the exact results, but they were very high.

19-Nov-15
26 out of 27 scored monday. Tuesday 15 out of 30...deer got smarter...not sure about Wednesday...shame that some applied and got turned down then hunters didn't show...they had several walk ons both days...from what I heard it went well safety wise and several deer killed..my friend who went had a ginormus 10 point walk up to him while he was getting gear on, but he hadn't drawn a buck tag lol

20-Nov-15
Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if there were any decent bucks harvested. I've been in Orlando all week so I'm hoping they offer this hunt again next year.

20-Nov-15
We spoke to the superintendent and that was their goal was to have a very safe and effective hunt so to make an impression for next year..sounds like their plans are to have it again...not sure on the buck harvest

20-Nov-15
I heard very few bucks were killed. The objective was population control which is done with doe harvest.

22-Nov-15
Two guys I work with got picked for the gun hunts and one of their friends got it too but from what I heard the biggest buck that was killed was a 4 point and weighed 90 lbs

22-Nov-15
It said on Bluefield channel 6 news that somebody got a nice 10 point but it didn't show it??

• Sitka Gear