Sitka Gear
No Orange?
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
hawkeye in PA 18-Nov-15
Mule Power 18-Nov-15
hawkeye in PA 19-Nov-15
18-Nov-15
So everything I read points to bow hunters in 2B not have to having to wear any orange during the overlap with bear rifle season? Seems strange unless I'm missing something. Either way I'll be wearing my orange hat to and from my stand. Stay safe everyone!

18-Nov-15
Good luck, and yes that book is confusing at times especially with any past knowledge. And then I read its the abbreviated version.

18-Nov-15
Just my worthless opinion but I don't think there are enough bear hunters in 2B to need orange. There have always been small game and turkey hunters in the woods during November bow season and it wasn't required.

19-Nov-15
Hawk, saw your pm and Mule you are right about the lack of bear hunters in 2B. Just thought it strange and possible an oversight on the PGC side. That being said I emailed the game commission office just because I wanted clarification and I don't like to assume anything regarding game laws. This is the responce I got (rather quickly I might add)...

"You are not required to wear orange if you are archery deer hunting during the bear firearms overlap in WMU 2B. However, we highly recommend that you wear at least 100 square inches of orange, which is a solid orange hat during this overlap."

19-Nov-15
Surprised and thanks for the update.

• Sitka Gear