SixLomaz 19-Nov-15
longbeard 19-Nov-15
whaler 19-Nov-15
notme 19-Nov-15
cuntrytocity 19-Nov-15
Passinthru63 19-Nov-15
Will 20-Nov-15
18-Nov-15
Today at 6pm Bass Pro Shop will open its doors in Bridgeport. Come on down and enjoy a brand new store dedicated to hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities.

18-Nov-15
To bad its in Bridgeport!!

18-Nov-15
Agreed.

18-Nov-15
It is in between Fairfield - Stratford - Trumbull if that makes you feel better.

18-Nov-15
Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, never had a problem in any of those cities, maybe because I don't go there looking for the wrong thing. Maybe if you guys stop believing everything you hear on the news and actually get to know someone from one of these cities, you'd find the reality versus your perception is totally wrong. I can't wait to visit the store in Bridgeport, may decide to stop by later today.

18-Nov-15
Nothing against Bridgeport. Just a bad location for a lot of the hunting/fishing community to get to.

18-Nov-15
Been to indoor gun range in Bridgeport. They closed the chainlink gates behind us so our cars were still there when we came out. And instructor made us save ammo for the ride home. Yea real nice place. Sorry but don't have to do that in my town.Been through there a few times real nice place.

18-Nov-15
People there is crappy places in every city or town . From north to south. Not everyone in bridgeport has issues . It isn't that great of a area for a pro shop it's about a hour from me .so I doubt I will drive that far unless I'm at my kids dentist in new haven

18-Nov-15
Bloodtrail and Irontail, I humbly apologize if my comments offended you in any way. I live in New Haven and it's only a 25 minute ride for me, versus Cabelas being an hour away.

"Pellet", I'd say the name is befitting, for you are small in many ways, your thought process being foremost. My brother makes idiotic statements like yours, and to be quite honest, on many occasions I've thought to myself, if this dude wasn't my brother......

18-Nov-15
The reason bass pro picked bpt is for the waterfront ..trying to grab ny,Li,jersey market..simple economics...ya its a shithole and I can show you people and places that'll scare the bjesus out of you.i lived there and grew up there for 40yrs..its all perspective....just like when you guys rant about manicured lawns and beamers in ffld county..most people I know own a truck a gun and a rebel flag..ironic huh.lol

18-Nov-15
SixLomaz, it seems to me you are working there. If so, what department?

18-Nov-15
Archery of course. Mugging skills required. It is helpful for all afraid of Bridgeport city that we now have online shopping. LOL

18-Nov-15
LOL LOL

18-Nov-15
Try to stop by and see you Six, in need of a crossbow, but I have to wait til after the season ends.

18-Nov-15
I will probably get fired or sent to prison for re-routing merchandise, before you can stop by to get a crossbow. Stop by today and I will give the store 75% discount; 25% for the store and 75% in my pocket.

Guys, I do not work there. I am just excited I do not have to drive 1+ hour to Cabelas in order to see, purchase, test a product.

18-Nov-15
same boat. cant wait to head over tonight. on off the hwy for those faint of heart.

18-Nov-15
STOP just went by,,,,,,,it looks like Met Life stadium last weekend. and still bussing them in. Whos the marketing genious that decided to open a major retail operation just into a new time zone this close to the holidays and HELL ya cant follow a trail now anyway. Nice job.! 1000's of people!!

18-Nov-15

SixLomaz's embedded Photo
Live from BASS PRO 15 yards away.

18-Nov-15

Another one ...

18-Nov-15

The last pic ... madness and cheap stuff

18-Nov-15

The trophy wall ...

18-Nov-15

Bowling alley ...

18-Nov-15
I am sorely disappointed. Cabela's in Hartford has more variety and better quality merchandise. Unless they improve their stock I do not think they are going to make it in Bridgeport. Elsewhere online prices are lower. They did not even have the Savage 220 Slug gun in stock - price $529 plus taxes. Ammunition only two rows not a large variety. Similar to Dicks' Sporting Goods.

18-Nov-15
Bridgeport is a shithole run by Dems just like the rest of this declining state...I'm there way to much for my liking 'cause I live next door in Fairfield. I'm excited for Bass Pro Shop to being so close. 10 minutes from my house. The Steele Point Project is a shining nugget for that city

18-Nov-15
Sad but true ... there are few factions puling the strings behind elected / selected officials. City government is a farce with most well paid employees not being city residents. Funds collected thru taxes are squandered in a criminal fashion.

18-Nov-15
Are you my neighbor Six? Do you live in BPort?

19-Nov-15
Nice now your going to get CUNTrytocity pissed off! Those are harmful words.

19-Nov-15
NOTHING in that city moves unless testo gives his blessings

19-Nov-15
Nah, just nice to know who's an outright racist so I don't offer any help to drag out a deer or anything helpful to an idiot. No reason for me to be upset, you're entitled to your own idiotic beliefs "longbeard" and "pellet".

19-Nov-15
@notme: Are you talking mafia style city government? It is a coincidence that Mr. Testa placed his weight behind a known felon, isn't it? Now Bridgeport has a wolf in sheep clothes at the helm. What a shame.

I enjoy Bridgeport, but the closer I look at how it is governed the more it stinks. Heavy and disgusting body odor of those few who build a good life on top of misery and desperation. This is not capitalism, rather highway roberry. I am certain it was like that before me and will continue on the same path long before I will be gone.

19-Nov-15
Cuntryocity you need to think before you open up your mouth or in this case comprehend what you read! Calling someone a racists this day and age is an accusation that should not be thrown around with out sound proof/evidence. Go back and read what I wrote, I never wrote one thing close to being interpreted as a racist remark. I spoke only about the politicians and the way they run the city of Bridgeport. However, now that you've shown your colors and have written what you did, I can positively classify you as an idiot! And for the record if you ever do get lucky enough to kill a deer, don't call me!

19-Nov-15
I guess this is a plus but I dont see myself going. I prefer Cabelas even though prices are a little higher. You pay for the loyalty for their branded gear.

Wasn't Bass Pro shopping for Cabelas recently? Gave the CAB stock a nice bump but I havent heard anything else.

19-Nov-15
Six,...testo has always pulled the strings..i go back far enough to remember the old round table on main st where certain ny families would conduct business with certain outlaw gangs who provided the muscle and certain police chiefs told everyone to look the other way..hell,I remember when mandanici was manager of an a&p..but at least there where jobs

19-Nov-15
Comprehension is just fine "longbeard" and like I said, good to know who you are, wouldn't consider calling your ass if you were the last hunter in the state and I had to drag out a 300lb deer.......

19-Nov-15
I was working the Ducks Unlimited tables last night at BPS for the grand opening and "evening for Conservation". It's an incredible store with plenty of parking and easy access. They had plenty of customers from LI last night, just a ferry ride across for them. I thought they did a really nice job last night. I'll definitely make the trip there again when I have time to run through the whole store. Hoping it gives Cabelas a kick in the butt. Been really disappointed with cabelas lately.

20-Nov-15
Looks great!

I like Cabelas brand gear better quality wise... But from an in store experience perspective, BPS cant be beat. The one at Patriot Place here in MA looks a lot like your pic's. It's amazing. A little "stream" babling next to the steps going down to a multi pooled brook trout "stream", Awesome mounts, all kinds of stuff. It's almost like going to a museum.

Cabelas stores, even the mid western ones I've been in, seem a lot more like a big "dicks" or "Galyans" or similar - but with awesome mounts and aquarium. The gear is great, and lay out easy to navigate... Its just not quite the WOW you get wandering through BPS. (at least to me)

• Sitka Gear