deerslayer 19-Nov-15
Naz 19-Nov-15
Naz 19-Nov-15
deerslayer 19-Nov-15
Mike F 19-Nov-15
Naz 20-Nov-15
Tack Driver 20-Nov-15
18-Nov-15
Let's all have a safe and successful gun deer season, be it with a gun bow or crossbow. If you get the chance pass on our hunting heritage.

Most of all let's all be safe!

18-Nov-15
Amen

19-Nov-15

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
As I watched this handsome buck late this afternoon close to a 40 off the road I was traveling home on, on property near where a young man died recently while heading to his bow stand, I thought about how the wounds will be opened again for his family this weekend. Matt was married, with two young kids, and did some good taxidermy work as well. Took a photo of he and his brother by a wild, young fawn decades ago, after spotting the doe give birth. That, his mother said, got him started in what turned out to be a lifelong love of deer. I walked out a swampy finger splitting a field to push him his first deer at age 12, as he sat with his father. When I put my arm around his dad as he sat in the church basement waiting for others to gather after the funeral this fall, we reminisced a bit. That spot behind the farm, he said firmly, would be a refuge from now on — no hunting. Through the years they had built a pond, planted trees and put in plots in addition to the ag land they farmed. Maybe some day he'll change his mind but if not, I don't blame him. It's the spot his son shot his first deer, and many others since. Hunting is not life or death, no matter how much we love it. A father's heart is broken, as is a mother's, wife's and others. There are similar stories across the state this year. May God bless those whose spirits are wounded.

19-Nov-15
Beautiful, but sad story Naz. My prayers are with the family

19-Nov-15
Thanks, they can sure use them, as can anyone who has lost a loved one, (young or old) this year. Matt was only 30 years old. He's the little guy at left in the photo, from roughly 25 years ago. His obituary is online at http://www.schinderle.com/obituaries/Matthew-Wisnicky/#!/Obituary.

19-Nov-15

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
Here's the photo

19-Nov-15
Great photo!

19-Nov-15
Naz-

Thanks for sharing. It just goes to show us that life is precious, enjoy the time you have left and leave a smile and and a good memory for all of your loved ones!

Some times we argue over the meaningless things we have no control over. It's a good time to reflect on things as you sit in the woods this up coming season.

20-Nov-15
DS, thanks, it's actually clearer pic than it shows but it's a photo of a framed photo; that was from back in the day when I developed and printed my own b/w film/prints! Incredible how times have changed.

Mike, your reflection thoughts are spot on. I'm convinced if more hunters treated their wives with as much respect as their favorite hunting spot, we'd have a whole lot less split families!

20-Nov-15
Spot on naz!!

• Sitka Gear