Elkaddict 19-Nov-15
Drop Tine 19-Nov-15
Zinger 19-Nov-15
Dampland 19-Nov-15
Tack Driver 20-Nov-15
Jeff in MN 20-Nov-15
10BUCKS 25-Nov-15
19-Nov-15
I am still somewhat lost on this issue. Some say it's legal, others say its not legal but the DNR turn a blind-eye. Therefore, can I open carry a loaded handgun while hunting up north? Also, is it even worth it? I will be up hunting up near Oneida county.

19-Nov-15
I am talking about without a CC license. What if i have it visible on my hip with a loaded clip? Legal?

19-Nov-15
It certainly was legal without a permit before open carry came to be and I cannot imagine that would have changed. I have a permit so I guess I cannot say for sure since it does not pertain to me.

If I were you I would call your local sheriff's department or the one where you hunt and ask. Don't count on the opinion of someone you don't really know for something like this.

19-Nov-15
Yes

19-Nov-15
Yes and the handgun must be exposed, unless you have a CCP.

19-Nov-15
Yes, you can.

19-Nov-15
Yes and it has to be Fully exposed. It can't be even partially covered by your jacket without a CCP.

19-Nov-15
Also remember that when you're sitting in your truck with a handgun on your belt it would most likely be considered concealed and therefore illegal without a permit.

19-Nov-15
Zinger - yes, expect a ticket in your example.

Get cold and put on a bigger coat that covers your handgun - expect a ticket.

get hot, and untuck your shirt to air out - expecta ticket.

IT is for these reasons alone, I got my CC permit. So I no longer have to worry about the "what if's"

20-Nov-15
No reason not to get conceal n carry. Well worth it!!

20-Nov-15
A good CC class alone is well worth the money getting the permit is a bonus. When you go for renewal use a different instructor and get new perspectives. I have had at least 4 different ones over the years.

Even if a person knows they would fail the background check for the CC permit take the class anyway.

25-Nov-15
Yes if FULLY exposed.

• Sitka Gear