Contributors to this thread:
6pointbull 19-Nov-15
Straight Arrow 19-Nov-15
JMG 20-Nov-15
Elkazador 28-Nov-15
wy buzztail 01-Dec-15
6pointbull 10-Dec-15
19-Nov-15
I just wanted to get everyones thoughts on possibility of units around Gardiner going to strictly limited draw due to low bull counts. There was a story in the Bozeman chronicle about this.

19-Nov-15
That HD is in the toilet as far as elk numbers and bull to cow ratio. The real key to maintaining our great Montana legacy of hunting opportunity is to sustain viable elk, deer, and antelope populations. The Northern Yellowstone elk herd and the numbers in Montana are way too low in my opinion.

20-Nov-15
It is truly sad the negative affect the wolves have had on this once great herd of elk. If it's based on sound biological reasoning . . . . . then I'm all for it. I just hope that if or when the time comes where the bull to cow ratio improves, FWP will remove the limited permits.

MT FWP needs to allow more wolves to be harvested adjacent to the Park. If shooting wolves with collars is an issue, make it so you cannot shoot a wolf wearing a collar. Plain and simple.

28-Nov-15
I applaud FWP's effort to manage the herd on a biological basis instead of letting the new "MARKET HUNTERS", M.O.G.A. and especially the Johnson outfit, which has exploited the Yellowstone herd for their own profit for decades, dictate policies and seasons to maximize their take.

FWP needs to stop kissing "wolfie" tail and drop all wolf quotas outside the Park. All wolves leaving the Park need to be fair game if they want us to limit the Bull Elk season to limited permits only.

If you want a thriving Grizzly population in a habitat area at capacity, you MUST kill mature boars, who kill more cubs than they produce. Simple biology.

The wolves and grizzlies are a fact of life in that area and they will kill everything they can. Only man has the capacity to control what they takes based on good science.

01-Dec-15
it saddens and scares me that you breed and vote unchecked and uncontrolled

10-Dec-15
Wy buzztail, just curious what you mean, and who it was directed toward? I think a discussion on elk numbers and possible solutions is valid and warranted.

• Sitka Gear