Babysaph 22-Nov-15
gobbler 22-Nov-15
Babysaph 22-Nov-15
Saxton 24-Nov-15
WVLineman 24-Nov-15
Babysaph 24-Nov-15
fnshtr 25-Nov-15
22-Nov-15
Man it seems like it just started and now it's over. I know we can still hunt until the end of the year and I'll be out there with my bow but it's just not the same once rifle season gets here.

22-Nov-15
IDK, but since I was sick last year I've hunted a lot this year . To me it seems like it's been a long season. My butt is sore!! LOL

I'm going to sit in an elevated box blind with a better seat and a propane heater for a while , then do the same with muzzleloader if I need to until the right buck comes by or not.

After having some friends to thin some does and do some trapping for a couple of weeks I may go back to Mingo and try to hunt some hungry post rut toads depending on weather . Then come back and take a new hunting youth hunter and her dad who is a new hunter to thin some more does and introduce them to hunting. Then start trapping again. Retirement is hard work. LOL

My main goal during rifle season is to get my wife one of the big ones I've been hunting. I'd like to get one of them but I'd rather she gets one of them.

22-Nov-15
Good for u gobbler. It is nice to get someone else a deer. My gf wants to start hunting with me. Not sure I want that or not. Lol. I know what you mean. It seems the season went fast but I'm tired Too. I don't rifle hund so I try to get a doe on my land during the rifle season. I have been getting up early since sept for 4 days a week. This is the time of year I just kind of take it easy. .

24-Nov-15
I put my bowhunting gear away Sunday. I cannot believe that it is over either. It is going to be a loonnnggg year.

24-Nov-15
I definitely haven't put my bow hunting gear away yet. Saw my best buck of the year yesterday afternoon around 4:15. Been slow today but I'll be heading back to work after thanksgiving so I'm going to stick it out for another week or so. There has to be a deaf and blind buck out there somewhere. I'm gonna try to wait him out.

24-Nov-15
I'll put mine away on Dec 31.

25-Nov-15
Other than taking my grandchildren rifle hunting, I hate to see gun season start. Very bittersweet for me. I will start carrying the bow again when they go back to school next week.

So far one granddaughter got her "unicorn" on Monday, her only day to hunt. Tuesday I "guided" her little sister to an eight point. Today I'm in a blind with my grandson.

I've passed up 4 bucks as I carry a rifle while with them.

My goal now is to take a buck with the bow next week. That will fill my last bow tag. Then I'll start planning a Florida hog hunt and Colorado elk hunt (Lord willing).

Good luck and be safe!

• Sitka Gear