SixLomaz 23-Nov-15
deerman406 24-Nov-15
bigbuckbob 24-Nov-15
whaler 24-Nov-15
cuntrytocity 24-Nov-15
Ultimate 24-Nov-15
Ultimate 24-Nov-15
22-Nov-15
What's your plan for the week ahead? Grunt , bleat, rattle or stay quiet?

22-Nov-15
Or sit on your couch

22-Nov-15
Took B season, so I'm excited and can't wait for next Saturday. Took a ride by the public land spot I hunt yesterday, and there wasn't one truck or car in the lot at 12 noon. Hopefully it stays that way for the rest of the week. Bleat and grunt, not too much.

22-Nov-15
Grunt sparingly unless I see a buck. It's winding down, but some big boys like to roam right now.

22-Nov-15
stand in the morning and still hunt mid day.

23-Nov-15
Stay quiet, like a fly on the wall

23-Nov-15
Quiet is my "modus operandi" for this phase. Stealth is my cover, patience is my friend.

24-Nov-15
Decoy, rattle, grunt any call I can use. The rut in these parts is pretty much over so the big boys are out looking for any leftovers. They can be pretty worked up as they have not had any fresh doe in a while so I believe they will respond well to all calling tactics unless you are hunting heavily pressured land, than sit and hope. Shawn

24-Nov-15
I like running through the woods at full speed yelling and screaming as loud as I can "WHERE ARE THE DEER, WHERE ARE THE DEER?"

Then I go to where I hunt and wait for the frightened deer to show up:)

Seriously - I try a LITTLE of everything, including still hunting. If they won't come to me, I'll come to them. At least I may find out where they've been hiding. It's all part of the game.

24-Nov-15
deerman, i dont think the rut is over at all. I had a doe pee on her glands and make a little scrape saturday midday 10 yards in front of my stand. Checking trailcams later tonight.

24-Nov-15
The full moon is on the 25th, I honestly don't think the rut is in full swing yet. If the "big boys" aren't showing up yet, there's a reason why. I think the action will heat up once we get that full moon on the 25th. Curious to know what some of you other more experienced hunters think.....

24-Nov-15
Speaking from the NE corner the rut has already swung, it's just about over if not done. You'll get a few spots where the bucks will be cruising for a long shot hot doe but otherwise its past peak. Doubtful the moon will have much affect either way at this point, it may actually deaden it (just my opinion).

24-Nov-15
Stay quiet and pray. Grunt and/or rattle lightly if you see a buck.

• Sitka Gear