Steve White 07-Dec-15
RJN 07-Dec-15
RJN 07-Dec-15
Steve White 07-Dec-15
South Farm 09-Dec-15
23-Nov-15

Bucks_n_Gobblers's embedded Photo
Bucks_n_Gobblers's embedded Photo
had a picture of this guy on my camera.... What cat is this????

23-Nov-15

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I'm thinking bobcat. I don't think the neck is long enough to be a mountain lion (if that's what you were thinking) and the facial markings don't look like mountain lion...

23-Nov-15
BOB

23-Nov-15
Bobcat or possibly lynx, not cougar

23-Nov-15
Bob Cat

23-Nov-15
I saw a Lynx while Bowhunting this year. I thought it was a stray cat at first, then as it got closer I saw the thin black hair on the tips of its ears. Never seen one in the wild before.

24-Nov-15
Where was that taken? That it for he pic, or you crop it? I know dumb with covert on it, but have to ask.

Distance looks like it would be real close.

Ears are a bit big to be a bobber. So makes me want to say house cat. Then it does look like there may be some facial markings. So have to lean at a bobber. I got a few pics from this year. I'll dig up tonight.

24-Nov-15

deerslayer,

Where did you see the lynx? I've seen 2 lynx in Canada and I was surprised how big they looked, how long their legs were and how long the tufts of fur were on their ears. They looked way taller than a bobcat and I think it would be hard to mistake them for a house cat. Not doubting you, just sayin...

Here's a big bobcat I saw while bowhunting.

24-Nov-15

Heres a photo of a lynx off the interlink...

24-Nov-15
I saw a Lynx in Iron cty about 15 years ago. Before the over population of wolves and when there were snowshoes around.

The pointy ears and long legs were very distinctive watching it with my bino's.

24-Nov-15
I was leaning toward Bobcat! Didn't have the pointy ears of a lynx. I thought it was rather large so wanted to ask/make sure.

I have other pics with black tipped tail and black feet (very much like Cheeseheads pic) when it was walking away - so pretty sure it is bobcat now!

Yes I cropped it so you could see it better. This is up in Marinette County (Pembine area)

24-Nov-15
so house cats have bigger ears than a bobcat? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

24-Nov-15
Are Lynx and bobcat legal to shoot with small game liscense? I get one every year so I can try for a coyote but it would be awesome to get a bobcat.

24-Nov-15
you have to apply for a tag, takes about as long as it does for bear

25-Nov-15
No! Bobbers are bigger so naturally bigger ears. However with winter coats as now. The extra hair on head and ears. WIll make the ears appear smaller and more oval than what a house cats appear to be. Of course it depends on the type of house cat. As well as the age and size of the bob. The one that walked 10yds form me last Friday had very small ears. I'll just say it was a nice one.

I would be out hunting them right now! If it was not for all these dang guns in the woods!!!

8 points for me this year and did not draw a tag.

25-Nov-15
Its a nice sized Bobcat by the size of its head.

25-Nov-15
So as not to start a new thread, how are they hunted? Does wi have a large population? I've never seen one before, what type of habitat do they prefer? What part of the state has the highest concentration?

25-Nov-15
There seem to be more Bobcats in the northern big woods.Most guys i know hunt them with hounds or get them trapping.Not sure about population.In Forest county were i spend most of my hunting time it seems i used to see more tracks from them when the snowshoe hare population was higher.I have only seen 2 while hunting . looks like a bobcat in the trailcam pic to me.

25-Nov-15

therealdeal's embedded Photo
got 300 pics of cats, wolf, bear, eagles, etc. on a deer carcass. 4 cats in this pic. looks like ma and 3 kits, and then looks like another adult visits as well

25-Nov-15
must be looking at ravens or the eagle

25-Nov-15

25-Nov-15

25-Nov-15

25-Nov-15
Are those your pics? Some nice spots on them! But, maybe I'm seeing things. In every one of those pics I see it to. Somebody else has to be seeing it as well. Look at those ears. The jaw crest or tuft. Are they maybe????

Northern forest county?

25-Nov-15

Steve White's embedded Photo
Only one I can find so far. Need to check my tablet and flash drive.

26-Nov-15
Yes, No, and No

29-Nov-15
bobcat

07-Dec-15

Almost forgot. Here is another pic of that cat I posted above that was on one of my bear baits. Got this on wednesday the 2nd.

07-Dec-15
I had a small bobcat come by at 10 yds during the gun season twice. It came out and sat by some tall grass and both times it had a mouse within 5 minutes.

07-Dec-15
I had a small bobcat come by at 10 yds during the gun season twice. It came out and sat by some tall grass and both times it had a mouse within 5 minutes.

07-Dec-15
Forgot to mention. 46lbs!!!

09-Dec-15
"must be looking at ravens or the eagle"

Or maybe he's saying "Dear Lord, thank you for the bounty which has been bestowed to me"

• Sitka Gear