gobbler 24-Nov-15
David Mitchell 24-Nov-15
Babysaph 24-Nov-15
soundman 25-Nov-15
hookman 28-Nov-15
WV Mountaineer 28-Nov-15
gobbler 28-Nov-15
24-Nov-15
Most of my neighbors practice QDM at least to a degree. I had known that one family(name withheld for now) had always been a little suspicious . I knew of a few game violations such as shooting deer before season and not checking some deer.

Last night for some unknown reason a group of 7 officers made a suprise visit right at dark. They hit the jackpot.

The old man (70ish) had shot 4 bucks yesterday. The son( about 40 and disabled, but manages to cut firewood all the time ), had killed 3 bucks, and the grandson had killed 1 with a blank field tag on it) and was still hunting with loaded gun in vehicle.

Everything from spikes to a medium 9 pt. Officers confiscated all the bucks except left the 2 or 3 spikes as their 1 legal buck.

I suspect it will be a skimpy Christmas because of all the fines.

When I and the neighbors heard we were all mad and sick at the amount of greed and disrespect to the deer and to any other hunters in the general area. For 2 grown men to shoot 7 bucks on opening day and to teach the grandson( early 20s) that this is an acceptable way to hunt and treat neighbors is sickening to me. I heard the officers were sickened also. I suspect they won't forget it anytime soon.

I'm not sure who reported them but am glad they did. It proves that making the effort to report violators can pay off.

24-Nov-15
Glad they got what they deserved, Greg! Good for the officers.

24-Nov-15
I'm glad too but holy cow. Must be a lot of bucks there. Lol.

25-Nov-15
The fines aren't enough, and there aren't enough conservation officers to police the numbers of hunters out there. And that's not including the numbers that don't even buy a license because they think they can do whatever they want because it's on their own land.

28-Nov-15
Glad to hear of those type people getting caught . They are not hunters, just poachers. Pour it on them officers.

28-Nov-15
Good on the reporter and, good on the hard working officers for raiding their catch.

If everyone would participate in trying to fix these kind of violations, we would have what everybody wants. God Bless

28-Nov-15

gobbler's Link
After busting my neighbor my NRP buddy arranged this major bust in Summers County.

Both busts came from concerned citizens. DNR Law enforcement and I wish there were more concerned citizens and hunters.

• Sitka Gear