SixLomaz 28-Nov-15
steve 28-Nov-15
Passthrough 28-Nov-15
spike78 29-Nov-15
Passthrough 30-Nov-15
28-Nov-15

Passthrough's embedded Photo
Passthrough's embedded Photo
Well it finally happened. I put a small 4pter down in MA yesterday. It was starting to get a little late in the season. I have been holding off eating my last 6 packages of venison in case I didn't get one this year. I will tell the story later getting ready to head back to MA now to try and get a bigger deer. Good luck to everyone out today!

28-Nov-15
Congrats bud!!

28-Nov-15
Congrats

28-Nov-15
Great job pass

28-Nov-15
Congrats

28-Nov-15
Congrats !

28-Nov-15
Nice job, congrats.

28-Nov-15
Nice! Congrats!

28-Nov-15
Congrats. What town? Your doing it backwards, ma hunters go to ct not the other way around. I think you own the only non resident license in ma lol.

28-Nov-15
Congratulations

28-Nov-15
yummy

28-Nov-15
Congrats !

28-Nov-15
So friday I wake up at 230am to drive to chicopee ma to meet my father and we drive to zone 2 (unfortunately that's all you get) I grew up in MA and do not get to spend alot of time with my father since I moved. So I've been going up to spend time with him. I havnt done any scouting up in Z-2 besides for the first 2 Saturdays of archery. We went to an old spot where we use to see Some giants similar to my fathers 240 lb 9pt he harvested a while back. I set up 20yds off a field on a old snowmobile trail. Wind was blowing all over the place all day. Finally at about 345 and I see a deer coming across the field going to a scrape 100 yds away. I used some golden ertus in the scrape and when the deer got there he stopped for 5 secound then started trotting over towards me stopping every 15 yds or so to smell the ground where I had dragged the scent. As he comes closer I realize he has antlers which in my mind at this point in the season is saying deer tacoes. Also I broke my binoculars last year so I wasn't ready when he started to sprint to where my scent drag was hanging. (No doe tags) Once he got to the drag hanging 15 yds away he smelt the drag and jumped in the air back a few feet like WTF is this. At this point I was able to draw back as he started walking away. I never managed to stand up because he was facing my direction the whole time so I had to shoot sitting. Luckily I practice this shot for this exact reason. At this point he is quartered away hard from me walking in the opposite direction and I need to stop him. I sent a mahhh out and he stops I let it fly. He went 47yds and 10 secounds later done. Caught both lungs, side swiped heart and arrow broke the far shoulder but never exited. I heard him fall but couldn't see him due to all the beech trees in the way. So I put on another arrow and take a look out in the field to see if he is alone or if he had any friends. Sure enough large 8 or 10pt was following the same exact path the 4 pt had taken. I mentioned the wind was all over, he made it about 45yds away and stopped stuck his nose in the air and licked his nose a few times and took off ooposite direction. Seems to happen every year up there with the larger deer always something. Hey spike if you had seen some of the deer I have over the years up there you would understand the need to go back after putting a few deer down in CT. Extremely hard to hunt where I am in MA. 15 years hunting there and i have been going up there since I was 3. yet to fully figure the whole place out its massive. The deer go down the mountain every year because of the winters/lack of feed once there is about a ft of snow. So whatever decides to come back up in the spring is a mystery. The big bucks seem to always come back.

29-Nov-15
Pass through that's a coincidence I too grew up in Chicopee and I have been hunting up in zone 2 the last few weeks. I've seen three deer up there so far in three sits. I go up there as I never know what's going to come in at any time. I have some cam pics of some nice bucks there.

29-Nov-15
Nice. Congrats!

30-Nov-15
Spike pm sent

• Sitka Gear