yukon roz 30-Nov-15
cuntrytocity 30-Nov-15
bigbuckbob 30-Nov-15
geno 30-Nov-15
BowhunterVA33 02-Dec-15
30-Nov-15

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
Most mornings I see deer in the field.today I went to see what they're eating.looks like all garbage to me,but they're always there.I've never seen them in the other 2 field's here and always 75-100 yrds from the woods edge..looks like there's some sort of lichen looking plant that's nibbled on but next to it nothings touched..

30-Nov-15
deer like vegetation that's still green, more nutrients than twigs and other browse. My guess is they're chewing on the few green spots left due to the warmer weather we've been having so you might want to plan your stand location accordingly.

30-Nov-15
I saw them eating bull brier leavers the other day for an hour!

30-Nov-15
I am seeing digging for acorns in spot Under white oaks. Red oaks have barely been touched this year so far. I exspect the digging to start there soon. Also have seen deer browsing the grasses in some fields. Another thing I noticed some buds are making their way out on saplings and smaller trees due to the warmer weather. The lower buds (2-5ft up saplings) are all eaten/browsed by deer. Usually these buds arnt in until spring.

30-Nov-15
They are eating Martha Stewart's flower beds in the neighborhood. It cracks me up thinking how vital the deer are to CT economy in so many ways.

30-Nov-15
they ate all the apples in my spots now there eating grass in the field .

30-Nov-15
they ate all the apples in my spots now there eating grass in the field .

30-Nov-15
By this time of year deer are pretty much opportunistic browsers; as Bob said above, anything green is worth a quick scout to check for sign and if present, definitely worth a hunt or two.

Red oak acorns have more tannic acid than white oak acorns and if white oaks are present the deer will let the red oak acorns lie on the ground until the white oak acorns are pretty much gone.

While they're laying on the ground tannic acid is leaching out; it's one reason you may find renewed activity around stands of red oaks in the late season.

30-Nov-15
NUTS NUTS and more NUTS .Haven't seen a deer in a field since august but they still have lots of acorns both whites and reds where I hunt.And they are browsing on maple trees and pricker bushes .I shot my biggest buck in mountain laural last week not sure if it was eating it or looking for does in it.

30-Nov-15
They're tearing up the acorns at the spot I hunt, can see where they're digging around the white oaks.

30-Nov-15
country

could be squirrels tearing up the ground too, so don't put your stand up unless you see deer prints in them acorn patches son :)

Sure fired method to KNOW what they're eating - open up the belly when you harvest one and take a look. I used to do that with every deer when I was young and trying to understand what they ate and where they were feeding, it's a big help.

30-Nov-15
you need to be in acorns- the deer have no need to leave any woods that are holding nuts- preferably white oaks that are dropping if you have any

02-Dec-15
They aren't eating the reds or whites by my house.. but that may be more due to me doing yard work in a house that was vacant 1.5yrs out the last 2.

However, they were checking out the buds on the azalea bushes. I guess they are hungry enough yet because they didn't eat any. Now the deer fence is up so the buffet is closed!

• Sitka Gear