Gene 05-Dec-15
GF 07-Dec-15
notme 07-Dec-15
bigbuckbob 07-Dec-15
DeerDan 07-Dec-15
notme 07-Dec-15
soapdish 09-Dec-15
01-Dec-15
Wonder what the toughest are on this . I personally think it is gonna be a bust as the weather isn't cold enough . I remember hunting upstate ny when growing up and the December turn when snow was flying the big boys were cruising ...

01-Dec-15
everything I've read says temperature doesn't have an impact on deer activity, but severe weather, i.e. thunderstorms, snow storms, severe winds, can reduce movement. Deer can lay down in sub zero temps comfortably if food is plentiful. If food is scarce they will need to forage more, regardless of temps.

01-Dec-15
Secondary rut may be happening now or it's the end of the primary. I hike the Rails to Trails in Vernon at night with the dog. I had just gotten up to the trail last night when I hear a doe bleating...A LOT...for at least a minute. As we're getting closer to the sound there's a set of eyes up the trail and when my headlamp hits it I see it's a BIG buck. He bolts off in the other direction and from the other side of the hill comes another buck which heads in the opposite direction of the first. Pretty cool to hear and see all that activity.

01-Dec-15
Dave is hunting a spot that he said came back to life scraps and rubs everywhere nothing yet this morning yet though .Steve

01-Dec-15
Deer cool themselves through their mouth and ears. Throwing off excess heat can be a job in itself. I think it inhibits strenuous activity, such as chasing/breeding.

IMHO, cold/snow should increase movement and activity.

01-Dec-15
I've killed and seen alot of bucks in years past around the 10th of December usually cruising most were between 8 and noon and very cold morning hunts.

01-Dec-15
DAVE PULLED THE CAMERA BIG BUCK AT 11: AM

03-Dec-15

Passthrough's embedded Photo
Passthrough's embedded Photo
I visited some scrapes 2 days ago that have been dead for 2 weeks. Go figure the camera over them died. Scrapes are opened up and one buck decided to break the licking branch almost clean off. They are still looking for some love.

03-Dec-15
I have friends who are hunting conn. that live there. They say they are seeing sign open up again as well. I know here in NY we are seeing bucks chasing again and harassing every poor doe that comes out in a green field to feed. Shawn

04-Dec-15

sas67's embedded Photo
sas67's embedded Photo

04-Dec-15
The 9 pt above was hit by a car today it was chasing a doe !! Second rut is on or on its way !

04-Dec-15
4 new scrapes opened up that were not touched yesterday. on 11/29 at 9am I have a spike and 8pt chasing 3 does. Should be a fun last few weeks.

04-Dec-15
in the woods this morning , seen a 4-5 pt making a scrape and looking for love. I let him pass 20yards ( not sure why getting late in season ) but was hoping a bigger boy was looking too. Seen 2 does a little later and they were just eating evergreens in 2 different yards , did not come in the woods. Think 2nd rut might becoming on soon

05-Dec-15
Saw this stud yesterday @1220pm walking side by side with a doe thru the thick stuff. Biggest deer I've seen in stand. I had one open lane to the right at 25yds, he turned left. Bleach white tall rack with a 4-5in kicker.

There's some tending and breeding going on for sure.

1447547537363.gif photo 1447547537363.gif

05-Dec-15
Wow smoothie nice buck for sure bud me I haven't seen a buck in daylight all season except a very small spike haven't even caught a good buck on camera all yr checked both of my cameras yesterday and had 3 pics total all were scrub bucks terrible season for me rut was non existant here during daylight even does have disappeared now

05-Dec-15

SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo

05-Dec-15
Wow dude and he's ultra fast too....lol

05-Dec-15

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
DeerDan 's embedded Photo
Had a doe ran a loop around my tree about 7 am ten minutes later this guy came walking in. I missed him the first shit because he came out of no where and I rushed but was able to knock a second arrow and connected.

05-Dec-15
I forgot to put those photos in proper sequence and slow down speed haha!

05-Dec-15
Nice one DD!

05-Dec-15
Nice dd,congrats!!

05-Dec-15
No RI today, my spot in CT is a bust this year cause of PowerLine work in the area

05-Dec-15
SWK, I don't think so, but he's from same property however. Probably same genetics too. The other buck is mostly nocturnal. This guy likes the daylight it seems.

05-Dec-15
Had some scrapes open back up the past few days. Been seeing little bucks on their feet moving a lot this week.

05-Dec-15
Had 7 doe come in today and nothing in tow. I my buddy shot a forkie yesterday he was by himself . I'm not to sure what to say I did see a couple scrapes reopened and a few new rubs . But nothing to put with them .

05-Dec-15
Nice buck DD, Congrats.

07-Dec-15
Saw a fresh scrape yesterday in Greenwich.... Unhuntable, of course, but at least I had a chance to do a little show & tell on it for #1 Son....

07-Dec-15
I was poking around at work today and found a rub line,they weren't very big but rubs none the less..they weren't there friday

07-Dec-15
notme,

rubs, like on trees, or scrapes, like on the ground? Don't want to rub you the wrong way, it could get messy,..........right ;)

07-Dec-15
Saw fresh scrapes Saturday.

07-Dec-15
As long as your hands are soft..lol...like on trees

09-Dec-15
I covered up a scrape yesterday morning only to find it torn up this afternoon. I guess he's not done yet

• Sitka Gear