Moultrie Mobile
Where would you use muzzle loader tag?
South Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
RobWat 02-Dec-15
grizzly 02-Dec-15
RobWat 03-Dec-15
02-Dec-15
Where would you hunt if you had an any deer muzzle loader tag? What part of the state?

02-Dec-15
Have you ever looked at the Wilma interactive GFP maps? The possibilities are endless. I also have this tag and am trying to make up my mind on where to go. Black Hills and look for a nice muley? Harding? Perkins? Southern Fall River by Nebraska border? Badlands? Maybe some of the public areas in Gregory? I sat this morning along a river and six whities came by within bow range but no horns. It seems to me that east river after rifle season is over is difficult at best if you do not have an excellent piece of ground to hunt. I'm going west this weekend and try my luck. I could stay around here and hope the last weekend of rifle season stirs something up but at this time of the year, playing the weather is like rolling the dice. I'll go west while its nice and suffer the rest of the month back east if it turns nasty. Good luck to you and just so I don't jack your thread, i'm going to start one about using the Wilma maps.

03-Dec-15
Thanks Grizzly, You explained my quandry. So many places. I'm thinking Charles mix county or north Perkins or Harding county. There is just so many places I can't make up my mind! Big muley or try for a big whitetail. I've been debating this since I drew this tag. 6 years to draw and I don't want to waste it.

• Sitka Gear