Spider1 07-Dec-15
Joe The Teacher 09-Dec-15
Rut Nut 10-Dec-15
IowaBowGuy 26-Dec-15
George D. Stout 27-Dec-15
Flatlander 30-Dec-15
Bourbonator 30-Dec-15
04-Dec-15
Dances With Skunks, David Kane, passed away yesterday in his sleep. He hasn't been on here in quite a few years but I'm sure some of you remember him. He started the Thank God It's October thread many years ago. I believe he also started the first 5C doe hunt. Rest in piece, David.

04-Dec-15
Sorry to hear this Roy.

04-Dec-15
RIP

04-Dec-15
He called me out of the blue a few wèeks ago. He was in a treestand and was asking if bears still could be shot in 5C during the archery season. You just never know...

04-Dec-15
He told me years ago that his daughter was estranged. I hope they got things worked out before he died.

04-Dec-15
I remember him,RIP David.Griz

04-Dec-15
David's postings and comments were ALWAYS well thought and well written, and I enjoyed reading them. He will be missed.

May his Family be at Peace with his passing.

05-Dec-15
Sorry to hear that. I remember him posting here.

05-Dec-15

meatus's Link
RIP old friend, till we hunt again. Here's his Obituary.

05-Dec-15
So sad. May he rest in peace.

05-Dec-15
Wow, that is sad to be sure. Like Bob, Skunks called me two or three times this season just to BS. Always seemed like I couldn't get him off the phone, now I wish I hadn't tried :( Perhaps he knew something, and yes RC, he was one of the original crew who started the 5C doe hunt

Rest in peace my friend.....

05-Dec-15
I didn't know him but remember him posting under that unique handle. Prayers for him and his family.

06-Dec-15
RIP brother! Sympathy to the family.

Pat

06-Dec-15
Always enjoyed his postings, prayers for the family. RIP Dave.

07-Dec-15
I, like many others here, did not know David, but I remember his Thank God It's October thread as one of the first things I read here on Bowsite. His words in that post seemed to strike a chord with me, and let me know that there must be some pretty cool characters hanging out here on the PA forum. Prayers to his family and friends, and may he be enjoying the crisp, cool mornings of the greatest of all hunting grounds.

07-Dec-15
I always enjoyed his posts and while I never met the man, I thought of him as someone I'd share a cold one with.

Gone way too soon. RIP David Kane

07-Dec-15
yeah, I remember him. He was on a pain pump at the time of the hunt. Not too healthy back then. He had an interesting choice of hunting properties. Rest in Peace Skunk.

07-Dec-15

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Thanks for the info!

He was a real "character"! I believe he got back on here a couple years ago as Two Hawks.

He was one of the original members of 5C, and I used to get a call from him about once a year.

Last year before archery bear I got a call at 3am.(actually a message on my voicemail). It just said: "IT IS NOW 3AM....................DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR BEAR IS???!!!"

He's the one behind me in the woodland camo t-shirt.

07-Dec-15
Prayer to his family.

07-Dec-15
aaaa, I was wondering who that Two hawks guy was. Didn't know it was DWS.

09-Dec-15
Will say me prayers. Thanks Roy.

10-Dec-15
Spider- you have a PM! ;-)

26-Dec-15
RIP DWS. Many good times on here with that character. Prayers going up tonight for his family.

27-Dec-15
Didn't know Dave personally but he sounds like a great guy...who left too soon. Prayers for the family.

30-Dec-15
This is sad to hear. DWS brought much humor to this site at one time. RIP!

Chuck

30-Dec-15
My condolences to his family. RIP

• Sitka Gear