Contributors to this thread:
marktm250 05-Dec-15
Fuzzy 07-Dec-15
Fuzzy 07-Dec-15
Fuzzy 07-Dec-15
marktm250 07-Dec-15
Fuzzy 07-Dec-15
05-Dec-15
Wish we had doe days for archery equipment for every day of firearm season, or a late archery season like that west of the Blue Ridge.

In my county, does don't come back in until 12/22. In one neighboring county they come back in on 12/7 and in another neighboring county, every day is doe day.

Weather has been ideal for bowhunting, but only seeing some does and of course I have been getting 15 yard shot opportunities!

Have not seen a buck since the rifle opener when one ran past with a dog not far behind.

07-Dec-15
??

07-Dec-15
Late Archery Seasons November 29 through January 2:

In all areas west of the Blue Ridge unless noted in the season exception below. Season Exception: Clarke and Floyd counties and on private lands in Frederick County. In the counties (including the cities and towns within) of Amherst (west of Route 29), Bedford, and Nelson (west of Route 151). November 30 through January 2:

On the Chester F. Phelps WMA and on National Forest Lands in Frederick County. December 1 through January 2:

In the cities of Chesapeake, Suffolk (east of the Dismal Swamp line), and Virginia Beach. December 13 through January 2:

In the counties (including the cities and towns within) of Floyd, Franklin, Henry, and Patrick. Archery Either-Sex Deer Hunting Deer of either sex may be taken full season during the early and late archery deer seasons, unless otherwise noted below. Only antlered deer may be taken during the early and late archery deer seasons on PALS (Public Access Lands) in Dickenson County.

07-Dec-15
Archery season is in Nov 29 (close of gun season) thru Jan 2 AND either sex is legal thru that time, West of the Blue Ridge, as I read the regs.

Are you are saying you're East of Blue Ridge?

07-Dec-15
Yup, I am East of the Blue Ridge in Fluvanna County.

07-Dec-15
oh yeah. I feel ya then.

Run up into Highland County during gun season.

• Sitka Gear