Contributors to this thread:
apache 12-Dec-15
Mad dog 13-Dec-15
deerman406 13-Dec-15
drslyr 14-Dec-15
apache 14-Dec-15
Mad dog 16-Dec-15
12-Dec-15
Just wanted to share a baiting set up that lasts the whole season with no re-baiting, and won't melt down on warmer days. I go to the local butcher or deer processor and ask him to save me any beef, fat, or scrap he has. (he's happy to give it to us) Then take a 6ft length of chain link fence. Bring it out to the hunting spot. Stretch it out and pour a 5gallon bucket of the scrap on the chain link fence. roll it up like a taco. Tie it shut so it cant be unrolled - we use bailing wire. tie it upright to a tree - so it wont get covered up w snow. I sometimes set a camera near and have gotten hundreds of pics of multiple coyotes visiting. They occasionally get a small piece of meat but this set up has lasted me the whole season.

13-Dec-15
Wow! You don't have to replenish it at all? Mad dog

13-Dec-15
I could see it working for a while but coyotes are pretty smart. I would suspect after a while they would just give up and move on, not checking it after a while. Shawn

14-Dec-15
The thing is the yotes can get little scraps but can't clean you out. When you roll up the fence it makes the holes much smaller.

14-Dec-15

apache's embedded Photo
apache's embedded Photo
The coyotes do get small pieces out through the chain links. Occasionally I will just shake the Coyote taco to knock more pieces so they can get them. I have set them out in Dec. and still have action in Feb. Nothing wrong with bringing more scraps out to a really active bait station. If this threads helps kill even one of them .... I'm a happy hunter.

16-Dec-15
great picture.....gonna try this when bow is done. tanks md

• Sitka Gear