hvac tech 21-Dec-15
HARRY CARRY 21-Dec-15
Bob Hildenbrand 22-Dec-15
hawkeye in PA 22-Dec-15
15-Dec-15

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
Sorry for the delay in posting this!

"Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" second 3D of our Winter 2015-2016 schedule is Sunday, December 20, 2015.

We are hoping you'll be in the Holiday Spirit, and ready to share some good shooting and laughs with your fellow Traditional Archers. We don't know if Ole Saint Nick himself will be there, but...knowing a few of our regular participants, ya just never know...!

An as for the weather? Your guess will be as good as ours! We just know that the Crew is planning on setting up another good course on Saturday, and hoping weather armageddon does not come Saturday night and in to Sunday.

Hoping!!

I'd would be great to see our continuing and returning friends! And, it would also be great to see some new faces!

Thanks to all of you who are planning or considering joining us this Sunday. We do it for you, plain and simple!

And...as always...we'll leave the targets up for ya!

The Crew of Strictly Sticks

15-Dec-15

15-Dec-15
Thanks, Bob H., for the subtle reminder...!

15-Dec-15
The voices went quiet?? Planning on attending.

16-Dec-15
No shooting for me, MRI scheduled Dec 28th on shoulder. Still hurting.

19-Dec-15
Was hoping to come shoot this weekend. Sick of shooting indoors or in backyard. But Jack Frost has decided to pay us a visit. They are calling for ten inches of snow today. About 6 already here. Christmas shopping is stressing me out. No work till after the New Year, would have worked out great, but will have to try some other time.

19-Dec-15
Where is the 6 inches of snow at, Bob?

19-Dec-15
Up here in Corry. By Erie, the lake effect snow. Then back up to the 60s by Christmas. Love our weather. Hope your test goes good.

19-Dec-15
Daughter lives in Fairview, 79 to 90 west.

19-Dec-15
redbuffalo, just go outside sometime tomorrow between 8 AM and 1 PM, put your stuffbag prit near a tree, and take an amazing shot. Then, you can say you shot with us!

The course is set; it's all on the clubhouse side, with a few new twists and turns. (There will be some club member muzzle-loader gun shooters using the nuclear creek side tomorrow, so we opted to let them be able to sight in their gear. ((Like Rodney King said, "WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!!)) You'll probably hear some clicks-booms during tomorrows shoot.)

You may also hear a few CHEERS, LAUGHS, and GROANS from the Archery side, TOO!

The Crew can be devious...but, all you need to do is FOCUS, and take the shot. You know you are good enough...we've seen you!!!!!

See yinz all tomorrow! AND THANK YOU...from The Crew!

19-Dec-15
Ok as long as I don't have to shoot 3 under. I hear that messes up your shoulder. I will make it down sometime next year. Already planning on shooting the World shoot. I don't think Seven Springs is far from you guys.

19-Dec-15
Alright potty mouth.. LOL

19-Dec-15
Should be there around 9

19-Dec-15
RC, you still hiding that Bippy Award so you can hold on to it? Don't worry I don't want it. You earned it you can keep it.

19-Dec-15
Roger that, hawkeye...

And RC is always telling people to "Shoot Three Fingers Under". He says it so much that he actually abbreviates it to STFU, and we all instantly know what he means....

19-Dec-15
I remember that on a pink hat. But it stood for something else. Sorry Roy, cabin fever kicking in.

20-Dec-15
20 degrees outside. Yup I'll sure miss shooting this morning. Hope you guys have fun and get a good turn out.

20-Dec-15
Seven Springs is about 25 minutes from East Huntington. Boy it's been a long time since the Bippy award was on this board:)

20-Dec-15
Ok thanks. Haven't been able to make that one yet. Hopefully this year. We usually spend most of the week at the shoot.

We have been to Ellicottville, NY, when the shoot was there. Got to love a wife who likes to go on vacation to archery shoots.

20-Dec-15
Dateline: Sunday night, December 20, 2015, 10 PM. From: The Crew of Strictly Sticks. Message as follows:

A hearty THANK YOU is being sent out to EVERYONE who visited Sticks today, whether to shoot, socialize, check out the trading tables, represent their club, or have a sandwich!

We (the Crew) all commented afterward how friendly and fun today's shoot was! And that it was great seeing "old" and "new" friends...

We hope you enjoyed yourselves, and that the course met your expectations. We were sharing the club grounds today with some flintlock folks as they prepare for muzzle-loader season, but from January to March, the entire club grounds should be open again for us to use for the 3D shoots.

Keep this in your thoughts: January will be the SPAM shoot. Random SPAM. Yeppers, you read that correctly!!

But...until then, all of the Crew would like to wish everyone a Blessed Christmas, and a Peaceful and Happy New Year. And, we wish for you more time to shoot your Stickbows!!!!

Merry Christmas, and THANK YOU..ALL OF YOU!

The Crew of Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers

20-Dec-15
Really good time was had by all today. Thanks for doing this for us.

The Chief and I were talking on the way home. We can't beging to count the friendships that were begotten at Strictly Sticks over the years. Looking at Jim's pictures today of past gatherings I picked out at least three very good friends that have since passed away.

Again, thank you for doing this for us.

Dave

20-Dec-15
Those pictures from Big Jim were very much worth the time to look through. Though they were from 3 years (at least) before my return to Archery in 2002, I saw so many YOUNGER faces of folks that I know, or have known, since 2003. Yes, some of the ones I too knew have passed away. But, I am happy to have known them, and to continue to have my Archery friends of today.

It is amazing what a handful of photographs can do, isn't it? Like that song by Jim Croce.....

And Dave, we'll keep things going as best we can...

Merry Christmas...

Randy

21-Dec-15
Harry....even though that one limb on target claimed both mine and Chief's arrahs, still a great course. Thanks to you guys for doing the heavy lifting.

Merry Christmas to Strictly Sticks.

PS: I did not even recognize my own daughter in those pics. Some dad, huh?

21-Dec-15
randy sounds like i missed a good one . i was not able to make it .i had my monthly on call .well have a merry Christmas and a happy new year hopefully i can make the rest next year .

21-Dec-15
Hey Mr. Perfect, that's OK, yes, we missed you, but we know your deal. Just keep the January shoot (Jan. 17, 2016) in mind...

It will be the SPAM shoot. Yes, SPAM. When we were creating the schedule, Monty Python was on our minds.

Something you can sink your teeth into, in anticipation...!!!

Merry Christmas to you to, hvac!

22-Dec-15
I didn't miss Mr. Perfect:^)

22-Dec-15
Like Red said to the Strictly Sticks Crew; "Again, thank you for doing this for us."

Not sure what Bob was saying, by the time I got to shoot all the limbs where cleared" out". LOL Was really impressed with Cindy's shooting and winning the closest to the barrel shot.

Merry Christmas

• Sitka Gear