kodiaktd 17-Dec-15
hawkeye in PA 17-Dec-15
HerdManager 18-Dec-15
Bourbonator 20-Dec-15
Stekewood 21-Dec-15
twistedlimb 22-Dec-15
hawkeye in PA 27-Dec-15
15-Dec-15
Can somebody clarify for me, is 2B still open for archery?? I thought it ran through all though December but it doesn't look like it does...It looks like it closed Dec 12th and opens back up the 26th. Am I reading that right??

Thanks!

15-Dec-15
December 26th to January 23rd

Late Archery Season / Flintlock Season.

15-Dec-15
State wide:

December 26th to January 9th.

Late Archery Season / Flintlock Season

15-Dec-15
2B December 26th to January 23rd with rifles only legal in Allegheny County part of 2B. If I read that correctly. I'm in Westmoreland County about 7 miles from Allegheny county but you would never know it.

16-Dec-15

kodiaktd's embedded Photo
I believe rifles are not legal in Allegheny County. Just shotguns, bows, and muzzleloaders are permitted. Some areas may have other restrictions.

December 26th to Janurary 23rd is for wildlife management units 2B, 5C, 5D.

December 26th to Janurary 9th is for the rest of the state.

16-Dec-15
Thanks guys, I believe rifles are only legal in the parts of Washington County that lie within 2B.

16-Dec-15
They are also legal in the parts of Westmoreland County that are in 2B where I live.

16-Dec-15
Pennsylvania Hunting and Trapping Digest Page 10, Extended Firearms Anterless Only, Dec.26th-Jan. 23rd. Allegheny, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties. That part no longer refers to WMU's area's only counties.

16-Dec-15
Hawkeye is correct. It's county specific in the late season. Thus a 2a tag may be used in the 2a portion of Allegheny county in the late season, as well as a 2b tag in the 2b portion of the county.

16-Dec-15
It amazes me how many people think you can still use a rifle in the westmoreland County part of 2B after Christmas. I had two different guys in the last couple days tell me that they were going doe hunting with the rifle in 2B after Christmas.

17-Dec-15
I never said rifles were legal in 2B in Westmoreland County after Christmas. I was just saying the shotgun only rule is for the Allegheny County part of 2B. And rifles are still permitted in other sections of 2B in general. Bows and flintlocks are only permitted in the Westmoreland County part of 2B after Christmas unless the PGC has changed it in the last couple years.

17-Dec-15

All this gun hunting talk is irrelevant since we're all die hard bowhunters. Where I live in Westmoreland County I can take a bow or a flintlock out after Christmas. I'll be taking my new ( to me anyway ) 1984 Bear Kodiak Takedown recurve and my cedar arrows.

17-Dec-15
It might be irrelevant to you. But I'm tired of being able to sneak around with bow legally and have some uninformed hunters whizzing multiple shots at the deer I just kicked up from afar. And I'm not referring to smoke poles. And I also understand that the understaffed WCO officers need a break. Just saying there will be as many or more rifle shots as during the regular firearms season. I've even tried to explain that they are not in Allegheny County to no avail. OK I'm done venting;) Good Luck.

Nice looking bow!

18-Dec-15
The reg's for 2B / surrounding counties is confusing. I don't know why they can't just do everything by WMU and forget the counties. I thought that was the purpose of going to WMU's, and then they keep confusing things with what county you are in, what type of weapon, etc. They should offer a class on Special Regs Areas. Or better yet, just make it simple, because it's not now.

20-Dec-15
Herd it's just like it reads. Not difficult at all.

21-Dec-15
I for one like that they separate Allegheny county from the rest of 2B, there are too many places in 2B were the deer population isn't as high as a lot of the more residential parts of Allegheny county. (my opinion obviously)

21-Dec-15
while I don't have a problem understanding the regs, I agree with Herd and Parker. It does seem strange to have different sets of rules, and different management goals, within he same WMU. Why not just make the special regs areas their own WMU's and regulate those WMUs separately? Maybe even change the letters to SR (2SR, 5SR etc.).

22-Dec-15
Buck and doe are legal in late archery for 2B,5C,5D until 23rd

27-Dec-15
Well I was wrong this year, only heard a few shots yesterday. Seen two small bucks, no does. Lots of squirrels and ticks.

• Sitka Gear