DKemp 15-Dec-15
cottonwood 16-Dec-15
DKemp 16-Dec-15
cottonwood 16-Dec-15
DDCD 21-Dec-15
DDCD 21-Dec-15
LINK 22-Dec-15
15-Dec-15
I am a first year hunter. I have private property with limited food source for late season. What can I do to increase my chances of harvesting my first deer before seasons end?

16-Dec-15
How big is the property? You could try a feeder or just hunt travel routes. I always have good luck with the later of the two.

16-Dec-15
140 acres. i have feeders set up, but it is an hour drive so they haven't been filled regularly since before Thanksgiving. Any attractant suggestions?

16-Dec-15
I've heard good things about comere deer.

21-Dec-15
Just pick a pinch point and sit in the woods long enough and you will kill something. One place I hunt is heavily hunted and only about 100 acres, but it has a main travel route to/from safety into the heavy woods. Deer run through this route regularly. It also has a lack of late season food, it only has white oaks.

21-Dec-15
I should also not that this is only my second year hunting and I am usually on the ground. I also don't see many large bucks on this property, they hangout where there are less people. But plenty of does.

22-Dec-15
Corn, corn and more corn. In Oklahoma if your not feeding them someone else is. I don't like the baiting but don't penalize yourself or your neighbors will kill your deer. Don't jack with comere deer, deer cocaine, apple flavored corn or any other gimmick. If it works better than corn it won't be a challenge at all.

• Sitka Gear