Moultrie Mobile
2015 Spring Turkey Harvest
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Jdawg 22-Dec-15
22-Dec-15
Have any of you guys noticed that there was never any report of the spring 2015 turkey take? I called a guy in the DEC Wildlife office yesterday and inquired as to that. He offered to get that number and call me back....which he did...today. The reason there hasn't been any number put out is because........they don't have one yet!!

Yeah, that's right....they don't have it yet. During the course of our brief conversation he felt it necessary to remind me that it's basically just an estimate...that the reporting is inconsistent or whatever and the big one was the changes to the licensing system this year. What that has to do with it is beyond lme. So "the biologist" still has the data and is applying the mat mathematical alchemy to the raw numbers and will have it next week. My translation of all this is that the number is pretty much made up and the guy just hasn't gotten around to throwing the dart at the board. He really did admit to the figure being pretty much plucked out of the air.

The lesson here is that they're probably not much better when it comes to our deer herd and it shows. In any event I'll post it when I get it if anyone's interested.

• Sitka Gear