Little Bear 28-Dec-15
Babysaph 28-Dec-15
gobbler 28-Dec-15
woodstick 28-Dec-15
gobbler 28-Dec-15
Babysaph 29-Dec-15
Babysaph 29-Dec-15
27-Dec-15
I saw a dead spike laying along the road in front of my house yesterday. It had about 6-7 inch spikes. This morning I drive by it and someone had cut the skull cap off to get the horns. Unreal. And you guys wonder why we need to reduce the buck kill. Hell,if they cut horns off dead ones they will surely shoot 3 if they see em. Btw. I would have shot it with my bow. But I want to kill it. I have never cut the horns off of a deer I didn't kill and I've seen some laying along the road.

27-Dec-15
I've seen that several times, Dr. J.R., but it's usually a decent kind of buck. I'd say it takes a very special kind of need to saw the antlers off a spike. :^)

27-Dec-15

27-Dec-15
Maybe someone needed a new set of rattlin antlers. Those would be about right for jefferson county. Lol.

27-Dec-15
Lol wv bowhunt.

28-Dec-15
Bone is bone and it might make someone a nice knife handle.

Sam Boyles, one of the WVBA Regional Reps, started using spike antlers to make a nice handle for the allen wrench that is used to adjust the Genesis bows. I'll try to get a picture of mine and post it. Handy little tool and makes it quick/easy to find in your pocket. Very clever.

28-Dec-15
I never thought of that. Imma start cutting off all the antlers I see and selling them on ebay and pay for a hunt. Cha Ching. LOL.

28-Dec-15
Prayers for you gobbler----I love ya

God bless

Ron Miller

28-Dec-15
It's actually illegal to just stop and saw off antlers and take them with you. A NRP officer must first be notified which in turn may issue you a permit to take them.

28-Dec-15
well wasn't there a road kill bill a few years ago that made it legal to pick up road kill without calling the DNR?

28-Dec-15
so there could be some knives out there with made out of illegal antlers. LOL

28-Dec-15
Road kill bill was passed but u still are required to get a tag for it to be legal. Otherwise people could shoot a buck then run over it with their truck and just take it home claiming it was a roadkill.

28-Dec-15
Road kill bill was passed but u still are required to get a tag for it to be legal. Otherwise people could shoot a buck then run over it with their truck and just take it home claiming it was a roadkill.

28-Dec-15

28-Dec-15

28-Dec-15
I didn't know that but that is the same procedure as before wasn't it? When a deer was hit you called the DNR. Why did they need a bill if the procedure was the same. You are right though. Guys could kill a deer and say it was run over by a car. I never had that happen so I really don't know. Maybe the officer's disposed of them prior to the bill. I sure don't want a deer all bruised up from being hit by a car.

28-Dec-15
Yes we do have a "roadkill" bill, but an officer still has to be notified. Because somebody could poach a buck then run over it in their truck and take it home claiming it was a roadkill.

28-Dec-15
gobbler, you can say that again. LOL.

your "enter" key must have gotten stuck 4x post. HA!

28-Dec-15
I guess my point is that is the exact same thing a person had to do before the bill. If you hit a deer you had to call the DNR. But I guess they had to put it on the books. Just seems redundant to me but I do understand that a person can poach a deer and act like it was a road kill. Not sure why we needed the bill. No biggie.

28-Dec-15
I wanted to get the point across. LOL

No I think it was the bowsite server. It just kept winding and winding. The Internet was fine, I'd go to other sites then go back and it was still winding . IDK? But everyone should know now. LOL

28-Dec-15
Does that apply to deadheads? I find a few dead bucks about every winter. I normally treat them like sheds and pick them up. Do you have to get a salvage permit for them? Those spikes make a nice percussion flaker if you're into flintknapping.

28-Dec-15

29-Dec-15
Good question woodstick. But would keep a poacher from killing deer and saying he found it while hiking or looking for sheds? I would say you need a permit

29-Dec-15
I meant but would keep a poacher from killing one and saying he found it.

• Sitka Gear