Little Bear 28-Dec-15
Babysaph 28-Dec-15
Little Bear 28-Dec-15
Babysaph 28-Dec-15
hookman 06-Jan-16
27-Dec-15

gobbler's Link

27-Dec-15
Interesting read. Saw that folks from the WV Crossbow Hunters Association volunteered, but no mention of the Bow hunters.

27-Dec-15
Well I was there and I'm a rep for the Wvba. You would think if the reporter was going to name organizations he would at least find out who was there. I know of a few more Wvba guys there including a past president.

27-Dec-15

27-Dec-15
Well since the Boone County Delegate Josh Nelson is also President of the WV Crossbow Association I guess that checks two marks. Kind of like making a robin hood with a crossbow bolt.

27-Dec-15
Didn't even know there was a crossbow association.

27-Dec-15
So aren't they just bowhunters like the rest of us? Why do they need their own association?

28-Dec-15
No, they aren't bowhunters like the rest of "us". They are crossbow hunters. Just like muzzleloaders are different, so are crossbows.

Now are they deer and bear hunters like the rest of us, of course.

And is there cross-over from hunters that use all legal weapons - of course.

If they want their own association, last I checked we are still in America with freedom to assemble with whomever you wish.

The state's "bowhunting" association does not present awards or recognition for crossbow kills or enter them into "bowhunting" records or allow that weapon at bowhunting events (quotations are used because Bowsite doesn't allow for bolding to show emphasis).

Maybe they want to do their own thing. But that's not the point of this tread.

28-Dec-15
Relax Lil Bear. I don't care if they assemble. But they hunt during our season (even though you guys call it a separate season). I just figured they would all be covered under the bow association. But I guess you are right . The WVBA did fight tooth and nail at one time to exclude them. I guess now we can embrace them. And since they have their own association the WVBA doesn't have to recognize them. I was at a shoot last year and a woman showed up with a crossbow and it wasn't pretty. But its good to know they are separate from us and we can exlude them from bowshoots.

28-Dec-15
Trust me, I am relaxed. Nothing in that post was intended to express otherwise...just answering a question that was posed. Sorry if it offended anyone at all. Still holding out for that "peace on earth".

28-Dec-15
Forget the peace on earth.Ain't happening. No Peace till we get to the other side. LOL. I was just responding to the comment about their right to assemble . I fear our local club will be having a mess this year. They don't want crossbow shooters but they are IBO affiliated and apparently the IBO has a class for crossbows and will require them to allow the crossbows to shoot. It will be a mess.

06-Jan-16
yeah crossbow hunting is legal in bow season but that don't make it right with me. I will never like it just the same as making marijuana legal. It's just not right with me.

• Sitka Gear