New York
Contributors to this thread:
Mad dog 01-Jan-16
Cornpone 02-Jan-16
Mad dog 02-Jan-16
Mad dog 07-Jan-16
Cornpone 16-Jan-16
01-Jan-16
Giants game. Hey guys. Got tickets to Giant- Eagle game on Sundee. These guys are craZy tailgaters. I've made Venison Chili a few times, but looking for suggestions...not too spicy! Thanks. Mad Dog

02-Jan-16
I've tried many chili recipes...this is the best. To omit spiciness, don't put in the chipotle. Also, where I live, I can purchase cool chili powder (actually they have a few varying degrees of heat)from a local spice shop...that's what I use because my wife likes no spiciness whatsoever! The thing that gives chili powder the heat is cayenne, not the chili peppers...read the label. I just sift a bit of cayenne on mine to taste. I like a lot of meat so I generally go 2# or more in it. Also, in your case, you may want to use mild rather than hot sausage. Just have a container of cayenne on the tailgate for your "heat loving" buddies!

Cornpone's Chile

1 lb. Italian sausage (remove skin, slice, fry) 1 1/2 lb. ground venison 1 large onion 1 bell pepper 2 cloves garlic (or 2 tbsp. crushed) 1 can beer 1 can diced tomatoes 1 can tomatoe sauce 1 can great northern beans 1 can kidney beans 1 can black beans 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (remove seeds & dice) 1 tbsp. chili powder 1 tsp. cumin 1 tsp. oregeno 1 tsp. coriander 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. pepper

All cans 15 oz.

02-Jan-16
Thank u so much, bro. M.D

07-Jan-16
Eating it tonight. Again. Can't get enuff. M.D.

16-Jan-16
So MD, what modifications did you make to the recipe to "tame it down"! Got a story for you...the first time I made it I wasn't familiar with chipotle peppers. The recipe was a bit ambiguous so, rather than one chipotle, I used one can. Well, that happened to be seven peppers, plus I left the seeds in. Me and a couple hunting buds managed to eat it but we went through lots of suds to wash it down and put out the flames!

• Sitka Gear