onX Maps
Muzzleloader Season?
Missouri
Contributors to this thread:
Drop Tine 02-Jan-16
hogthief 04-Jan-16
elkmo 05-Jan-16
02-Jan-16
My son and I are looking at doing a Muzzy hunt by Grant City. What can we expect hunting that area after the gun season? It's a outfitted hunt with Creekbottom Whitetails if anyone knows anything about them. My son should draw a Bear tag here in WI. that takes 10 years to get so that will take up Sept. and Oct. here and we now hunt the rut here so we're looking to extend the season and hopefully see more deer than what we see in our home state. (Pitiful here)

Thanks!

04-Jan-16
I would contact the CO for that county and see what he/she knows. Deer numbers and habits will vary greatly that time of year due to various variables.

05-Jan-16
Muzzy can be tough, remember we have over 500,000 deer tags sold with a rifle season during the rut. Deer numbers are down due to blue tongue. I hunt north MO and have all my life, currently looking at chasing deer in KS. Just compare the pics of KS deer on this site to MO deer, but if you will be happy with a 115" type buck then go for it. If going outfitted look for lots of acreage and the number of hunters he has all seasons and make sure he will have corn next year.

• Sitka Gear