hawkeye in PA 04-Jan-16
twistedlimb 04-Jan-16
hawkeye in PA 04-Jan-16
hawk-eye 04-Jan-16
Treerat 04-Jan-16
twistedlimb 05-Jan-16
Ben Farmer 05-Jan-16
04-Jan-16
I've been out on the 27th, 1st, and the 2nd. Have heard three shots and seen two other hunters. I've never seen it like this around here before in 2B/2D. What's been your experience?

04-Jan-16
No bows I know go bang, so hard to say if anyone is hunting archery.As far as the area I have been in so far it is the same as any year for late season.Low deer numbers on expansive SGL's and no real feed for them to pinpoint them unless your able to access sgl's bordering all the private property with crop fields.Are you asking about 2B/2D or in general?Lets face it 2B hunters have been out since mid Sept and have all of January to hunt and probably burned out by now.Most of us hunt different types of properties and different areas of the state and different sizes of local deer herds.Some sgl's are much better than others.Hunters on private property I know usually fair much better from what I hear.

04-Jan-16
As a crow flies I'm a half mile from 2D along state rte 66. Quite a lot of the local deer herd is on posted property around here. But still no hunter's private property or not. Maybe everyone already used their tags or didn't see enough to go back out.

04-Jan-16
I'm not hunting because my freeze's full

04-Jan-16
My freezer is full and I'm still hunting ; )

Drove past the public land I hunt here in Crawford co at noon on the first day of gun season and counted 71 vehicles around one square! Took my brother in there on last Wednesday of gun and put 10 deer & 3 bear in his lap. Checked my cameras in the swamp while pushing to him and had pictures of lots of deer and two big bucks. SGL's around here have plenty of deer if you hunt in the thick hard to get to areas.

Mike

05-Jan-16
Sounds like your in an area with good deer/game numbers.When you say a "square" I assume there is multiple access points.

05-Jan-16
I've been out a few times in 2A and the Westmoreland part of 2B. I had a muzzle loader shot about 200 yards from me Saturday.

• Sitka Gear