Dr. Williams 24-Jan-16
steve 25-Jan-16
Dr. Williams 25-Jan-16
Grey Beard 25-Jan-16
shadow 25-Jan-16
04-Jan-16

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Time to once again get a head count of forum posters. I've noticed a few new names lately.

Please post only once. If you want to question/discuss with someone, please make it a private reply.

Last year I asked that everyone list the other bowsite forums they visit. This year I would ask you all to list the vendors you get your archery related gear from.

I've only bought second-hand traditional bows, and most from other archers. Some I have found at tag sales/flea markets.

Lately I find my aluminum shafts, broadheads, and fletching on ebay. Most of the better prices I find on ebay are from vendors in Pennsylvania and Michigan. String material and odds and ends I order from 3Rivers Archery Supply. I make my own tabs,holsters and quivers.

04-Jan-16
Hey guys.

So many vendors, I buy direct from a lot of companies....Camofire.com, 60X Custom Strings, BassPro, Cabelas, Sitka, Kuiu, Sportsman's Outpost, Centersports, MidwayUSA are a few.

04-Jan-16
STM, Stratford CT. Most purchases from Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop using gift cards. Now that Bass Pro Shop has opened 10 minutes door to door I will most likely support them more. I have more than enough hunting and fishing gear from over the years so it's just about keeping the essentials.

04-Jan-16
Cabelas and CT Archery in Wallingford

04-Jan-16
This is the only forum that I follow. I use halls for bow equipment. Dicks, cabelas etc.... for anything else. Hopefully on clearance after the season.

04-Jan-16
Here and the Leatherwall... Leatherwall, mostly.

Most archery tackle comes from Kustom King, though I rarely buy much. Just acquired a jig through trade, though, so may be buying shafting and an assortment of points in various weights pretty soon.

Clothing mostly comes from Sierra trading Post or whoever has something that fits me going real cheap. Picked up a couple of items on the Predator factory site in their clearance area... One of the few places I can find stuff in a Small...

04-Jan-16
Browse here and big game forum. Buy stuff at dicks and cabelas. Buy/ sell bows off Archery talk classifieds. Do most of my own tuning and set up.

05-Jan-16
Mostly here and main form ,I also check in on Ctbowsite . I buy from ebay mainly because I now know what I need I don't have to ask a lot are bow shops across the US . Steve

05-Jan-16
Here and main forum....Newbury archery..if/when I do need something ill buy direct from supplier if possible..i can't post the other sites I go on...lol

05-Jan-16
I have no need to buy much in the way hunting supplies lately since I've been at it for 47 years. I shoot a Bowtech compound 65 lbs, with Beman arrows and Rage broadheads for whitetails. I use a Summit climbing stand and have bought things from ebay, Dick's, Cabela's, and Hall's Archery.

05-Jan-16

Richm444's embedded Photo
Richm444's embedded Photo

Richm444's Link
I like to share pics and video

05-Jan-16
Checking in. Cabelas, Lancaster, Bass Pro as needed but prefer to support great local shops such as Barry at Newbury or Mark at Andover especially for set up or tune up.

05-Jan-16
This is my forum. In Stamford, most stuff from online, Ebay and Cabela's. I also go to Extreme Archery in Mamarroneck, NY. Licensed Hoyt dealer, guys know their stuff!!!

06-Jan-16
This forum and big game once in a while buy things at center sports in Columbia then cabelas if its not in stock at center sports I try to support the local businesses.

06-Jan-16
This and the MA forum mostly. A little on the main forum and randomly over at AT. I buy most of my stuff from a few local shops in MA (Archery Plus, TeePee, and Bob's) and Cabelas (new one just opened 25' from home).

06-Jan-16
Both ct and MA

06-Jan-16
Here, not so much on main forum, cabelas, Amazon, halls

06-Jan-16

BuckSkinner's embedded Photo
Hi I'm Chris Skinner, I shop mostly at Cabelas. I like to shoot mature bucks! Happy New Year

06-Jan-16

06-Jan-16
I'm still here...Cabelas, BassPro and like TGuzz mentioned Extreme Archery in Mamarronack NY. By the way TGuzz do you know where Dave from Extreme disappeared to?

06-Jan-16
Cabela's, Ct Archery in Wallingford, Dick's Sporting Goods.. I got gift cards to Bass Pro for Xmas so might as well add them to the list

06-Jan-16
WB. I bought no new stuff this year at all. Not even estrous scents. Went totally scentless this year and all my "old stuff" still works like a charm.

07-Jan-16
Here

07-Jan-16
Longbeard, I'm not in there as much as I'd like but I have no idea about Dave, sorry!

07-Jan-16
Cabelas mail order, Dicks, bought a summit treestand this year. Last year, I drove Almost 2 hrs to The Cabelas store in Connecticut ...it was the closet from Queens. Mad Dog

08-Jan-16

Gene's embedded Photo
Gene's embedded Photo
I am still here and still looking for this guy. I found his drops while turkey hunting in the spring and got a few trail cam photos during the summer but never saw him during the season. I hope he made it thru the season!

08-Jan-16
Here I shop mostly cabelas and dicks bass pro if I need something specific halls and bob up here in mass.I mostly am on here and mass forum and sometimes main forum.

08-Jan-16
This site. Mostly Cabela's. Hall's arrow for my bow and service. Ebay for shafts.

23-Jan-16
Twenty-eight posters this year, so far.

I guess the site has lost has lost it's attraction.

Last year we had nearly one-hundred. I found the 2010 roll call list and there were one-hundred and ten.

I was glad to see that the "Lost my best friend" thread had forty-seven postings.

23-Jan-16
Sixlomaz, checking in.

This is the only forum I participate in. I have more than enough equipment accumulated over the years from different online stores. I bought my two bows locally from Newburry Archery in Goshen and Center Sports in Columbia.

23-Jan-16
Still here. Don't post as much as you boys do, but I'm here. On line purchases, but just ordered a new Halon 6 in stone from Newbury Archery.

23-Jan-16
Here , I by my bows and arrows at Sportsmans Outpost on my home town of Wolcott , Cabelas for my processing equipment and Dicks and Cabelas for my clothes and calls and may a scent or 2 when I think they my help . This season was a tough one for most but I did Ok ended the last day in the last 15 min with my 4th deer , my 2 hunting buddies needed meat one got cancer and ended his season early and the other got busted up in a head on car crash both are healing up so hopefully next season I can relax more and enjoy the hunt for myself. Good luck and happy hunting in 2016 should be good I saw plenty of deer and the ones I harvested where loaded with fat .

24-Jan-16
I'm still here, just not as often.

Too much arguing from a few individuals about the same thing..over and over.

I prefer CTFisherman and CTBowhunting

24-Jan-16
Here new this year, mostly the CT for Forum. Shop some on line for broad heads, bolts or shafts. Some at Hillers of Norwalk, Ct. I think it is called Fairfield now, mostly for tune-ups and repair, new strings etc. Not posting as much, I know that this is a bowhunting site, but i would enjoy to see other topics such as shed hunting, game camera photos of most any wildlife, and any other topics of interest. Since the topics are labeled you can decide what you want to get involved in. This site did a good job with the Sunday hunting debate.

24-Jan-16
still here also but i agree with air leak to much b.s. and bickering.

24-Jan-16
Here.

24-Jan-16
Hey WB. I agree. I think this site has lost some it's posass. Too much arguing about deer per square mile, tick impact on residents and using snipers to reduce what some seem to think is a huge overpopulation problem. It just ain't what it used to be man. Still here tho (until I move out of this BS state). Am I still staying debate free? What happened to the days when we would all slap each other on the back as fellow bow hunters? We are in fact a unique group of individuals. God Bless! MikeP

24-Jan-16
I'm Scott. I'm still here. I can't stand ignorant hunters who broadcast disinformation and create a toxic environment that gives us hunters a bad name/stereotype, and now on websites such as this, very publicly, where anyone can access and document and quote back to the opposition just how ignorant and toxic hunters can be. I'm happy that things have quieted down and guys are actually talking about hunting again. I am happy to challenge these toxic elements with fact and science to prove them wrong to give credibility to hunters and hunting and keep that tradition alive locally. I grew up upland bird hunting and still love woodcock hunting with my over/under Ruger 20 gauge locally and chasing grouse in northern New England. I tried bow hunting, but due to my ethics and time requirements, it interfered with woodcock season. Post college, I've taken up turkey hunting and waterfowl hunting as well. I rifle hunt for deer and just bought a sweet .243 Remington 700 and had the barrel cut down to 20 inches and bought a bipod. I was blowing up crab apples off the tree at 160 yards with 95 grain federal ballistic tips and broke it in this year on a 7 pointer I killed instantly and dropped in its tracks. I also love fishing for and releasing native CT brook trout and have them in an ephemeral stream on my property. I fish for stripers, blues, sea bass, and porgies on the Sound every year and do an annual false albacore fly fishing trip with my old man for a couple days in the fall off Montauk. I love fishing for yellow perch in open water and on solid water as I plan to do in southern NH with my boys this weekend. I have gotten a kick out of the walleye fishery in CT and have caught several and only a few keepers here. Oh, and because I have a Cabela's black credit card, I do most of my purchases there. I'm not here to cause trouble, only to squelch the toxic elements. Carry on fellas. Let us carry on as insightful, and not ignorant, sportsmen.

24-Jan-16
I remember discussing using an old fashioned hand held compass from your tree stand to track a bow shot deer. Those are the kinds of conversations I come here for. I think that was the original intent of Pat's creating this forum. (Thank you Pat). It just seems to me that the site has morphed into political agendas (not much different than our current politicians are doing). If it were me, I would block more than 1/2 the posts I see here lately and keep the focus on the bowhunting sport we all share love and enjoy together. Just Sayin'

25-Jan-16
Oh boy. Here we go again! Scott, your very first sentence says it all man. This site was intended for bow hunters Period! Not for conversations about people phishing for disinformation on creating toxic environments. I don't think you were here for the first inception of this site. I appreciate your love for the outdoor sports but feel strongly about the original intent of the creation of this forum. I also love fishing and many other of the outdoor sports. I took a caribou at 310 yards using a Winchester ballistic tip with one shot from a 7mm Rem Mag. I can shoot crab apples at 400 yards with that gun.That has no place here either. It is in fact the Bow Site! Leaving for an ice fishing trip to VT, next weekend. I'm just trying to reel some of these guys back in to what this site is really supposed to be about. I miss that. That's all. Regards, MikeP

25-Jan-16
Well said Mike your almost afraid to post here .I never tried ice fishing one time I walked out on the pound near my house in NY to watch my friend but I kept hearing the ice crack I would throw my arms out every time it did it ,he would laugh and said its making more ice I guess the ice picks itself up and cracks. Steve

25-Jan-16
MikeP. If this is a bowhunting site only, why are you telling us about your ice fishing trip? Why are guys posting about knife sharpening, ticks, stripers, cameras, leaving Connecticut, coyotes, Redding, Newtown, pigs, license purchases, lions with headgear, Nobel prize winners, bear sightings, 2nd amendment, and the unfortunate loss of loved ones? Because it’s a community forum with bowhunting as a common theme and if guys are going to get on here and lie and make slanderous and libel statements about me and state government, I am going to get on here and defend that and make those statements correct.

Steve. The first time I had my now wife on the ice that same thing happened and she ran to me and grabbed me around the waist. I explained to her it was expansion cracking and that if she was worried about going through, putting our collective weight in a very small area was probably not the smartest idea. Though there have been a couple times on the ice when I have hit the deck and spread my entire weight out as I was convinced I was going through. I have been through several times, but never over my head. Just think, if ice sunk instead of floated, life as we know it on earth would not exist.

25-Jan-16
Connecticut Archery in Wallingford, and Cabelas with gift cards.

25-Jan-16
I am here and reading every few days. I visit often and buy from Dicks and Cabelas. I visit and buy every 4-5 months from a fantastic shop many of you go to, Newbury Archery.

25-Jan-16
Scott this is a bow hunting site but the sharing of other outdoor adventures is a "positive" light on what other sportsmen and women are doing. The key word being "positive". When I see statements like "ignorant hunters" in a post my short hairs stand up. Steve, I'm not afraid to post my friend. I just choose my battles. I actually don't like arguing back and forth much. I'm a pretty mellow guy. I'd just like to see the direction of this forum go back to things like guys coming up with great hunting ideas and stories to share. I learn from that kind of stuff. Way too much arguing now. Where's the love my brothers?

25-Jan-16
WB, I apologize for contributing to this thread taking on a new direction. I need to hold my virtual tongue (fingertips) sometimes. To answer your question Cabela's would be the place I'd go. It's the only game in town for me. Actually I don't even have a market or gas station here. Just a couple of churches. Works for me! I take an occasional road trip to East Hartford. Still here for now. Bill, quick question. I notice you transport your hunting arrows in a tube. Does that work better for you versus a bow or hip or back quiver? Just curious. TX.

• Sitka Gear