pogo 27-Jan-16
Mad dog 27-Jan-16
pogo 28-Jan-16
pogo 05-Feb-16
pogo 09-Feb-16
05-Jan-16

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
I've got a couple of survivors but this guy was one I passed up shooting. I'm glad to see he made it through gun season.

05-Jan-16

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
I was also surprised to find an active scrape. Does it surprise you?

05-Jan-16

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
Survivor #2

06-Jan-16
Is that a card reader? Where do I get one?

06-Jan-16
No Tony..... it's my Nixon camera. I just insert the cards and see what I've got while in the woods.

07-Jan-16
Nixon? Or Nikon?

08-Jan-16
Ha! Auto correct got me!

NIKON!!

08-Jan-16
Not surprised at all to see scrapes this time of year. Those fawns can come into heat anytime from early Dec to Feb. Some may cycle even later but usually no bucks by that time are looking. Glad to see you will have a shooter or two next year. I know I had 2 good 3.5 year olds make it on my home turf and several good ones made it in my bow only area. Shawn

08-Jan-16
I strongly think my big nine pointer made it too but the pic I got that made me think this was blurry and hard to tell.

I've moved my cameras to cover the two trails I think he would be using so I might have some pics of him next week.

08-Jan-16
i heard of another scrape opened up last weekend at a guys house i was at goose hunting and i checked some of my cams last weekend and had two sets of bucks sparring in front of my cam from the week before, one set actually just that previous night. the one set was pretty cool because i would have roughly estimated the deer at 2.5 and 3.5 yrs old so decent bucks and they did light to medium sparring for about 12 minutes, i had 10 video clips of them, all just a few feet from the camera.

09-Jan-16
we got a couple small bucks,turkeys,coyotes and a bob-cat on my cameras since the close of the season.Trying to get a picture of a monster eight that we are pretty sure survived the season. Jan.9 and we are still seeing scrapes;way too many does in our area.

14-Jan-16

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
Two more survivors showed up this week as well as several junior bucks.

14-Jan-16

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
I'm already excited for next archery season.

I hope to recover their sheds in March.

17-Jan-16

coke13's embedded Photo
coke13's embedded Photo
He's been rubbing

17-Jan-16
Coke, the nice thing is that don't look like an old deer... nice buck, pretty pic.

17-Jan-16
Yep.... nice one Coke!

17-Jan-16
checked one today with my boys . found 5 or six scrapes and what looked to be a fairly fresh rub. I have two young bucks sparing on cam new years eve.

17-Jan-16
checked one today with my boys . found 5 or six scrapes and what looked to be a fairly fresh rub. I have two young bucks sparing on cam new years eve.

18-Jan-16

Buckstopshere's embedded Photo
Blurry photo but a good one made it through the season.

18-Jan-16
Good one Buck!

I'm thinking of switching my cams over to video when I check them again on Wednesday. It uses more battery but it might catch more action.

Does anyone use video?

18-Jan-16
i use video mode only now for the last few years and really like it. i hate when i get blur and most of my cams make some sort of blur on moving animals, especially on night pictures and video corrects that. i also just like some of the extra animals you catch that i think would get missed often in various pic modes. it is great watching vids when you get sparring or scraping and i feel like i can sometimes get a better understanding of the deer movement when watching the video, at least for certain spots.

sharing multiple videos is a bit of a pain unless you use something like Dropbox to share

19-Jan-16
I have my cameras set for 3 additional pictures at 10 second intervals after the initial picture, with a min for normal movement trigger. First time doing it that way this year, worked out well.

20-Jan-16
Thanks EJG and Gaffer1.

I'll be heading to the farm in an hour or so to check them and depending what I find today, I'll either set like Gaffer1 said or change to video.

21-Jan-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

21-Jan-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

21-Jan-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Looks like someone got a bullet thru the ear...

21-Jan-16
Cool pics SJJ. My pics sucked yesterday.

I checked my cameras yesterday, moved one and put them all on video mode. I will check them next week and decide to pull or leave out for another week.

21-Jan-16

I like my cams on video mode on scrapes. Otherwise, I put them on still photos. I got this one the other night on a couple of deer carcasses.

22-Jan-16
The reason I put them on video mode is in every photo captured, there are other deer in the background not yet in range. I am trying to catch them on a trail in a pinch point where they enter and leave a bedding area.

I think it's a bachelor group and I still haven't got a good picture of the big eight pointer that I think survived.

I am hoping he is following the other younger bucks and he shows in the video mode.

22-Jan-16
That's one healthy canine.

22-Jan-16
guess he is eating good...damn..Tom

23-Jan-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

23-Jan-16
We use the 3 picture mode on our Moultrie's... As a result, we have gotten pictures of deer we would not have gotten set with "1 and done".

Mike

23-Jan-16
Steve, that is a very interesting picture.... do you have others of that buck?

Mike

23-Jan-16

Bachelor group reformed at the zip-tied overhanging branch yesterday.

25-Jan-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Only one other. He is a deer my friend has pictures of a mile away....was a surprise for me to get his pic. Now we have a breakfast on the line...who ever finds the right side buys! Not one person saw that deer on his feet all season.

25-Jan-16
SJJ, you gotta name him. Chris Krinkle cause that horn is all krinkled up. Hope he has the same freakish thing going on this year but it just looks like a velvet injury. Shawn

25-Jan-16
Name that buck... S curve!

26-Jan-16

coke13's embedded Photo
coke13's embedded Photo
first one that has dropped

26-Jan-16
I've walked the farm many times throughout the winter and never found a shed until March. And so far no pictures of any dropped.

Coke13.......Where are you located? I'm near Rochester in 8H.

SJJ...... That's a unique rack for sure. I hope you find his shed.

26-Jan-16
7f

26-Jan-16
My friend named him Captain Hook right after first pic in bow season....we hope to find his antlers

27-Jan-16
Thanks Coke13.... we are not all that far from each other but I haven't seen any sign of droppage. That might change today when I check my cameras.

SJJ..... that's a good name for him!

27-Jan-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Here he is before I knew of him earlier in summer. There are about 6-8 guys on surrounding properties that should of at least seen him once...but didnt.

27-Jan-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

27-Jan-16

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
My Mr. Big made it!

I'm sorry for the blurred picture but I had to take a picture of the video on my computer screen to share it with you.

27-Jan-16

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
Another shot of him,.

I left the trail cameras up for another week.

27-Jan-16
I'd rename him Mr. Smarty Pants....Mad Dog

28-Jan-16
Pat..... I passed up good shots at lesser bucks this season. Even one eight pointer that I would not have passed before.

I had this guy at 30 yards this year but couldn't get a good killing shot so I passed hoping to see him one more time.

Then my wife and I traveled to New Mexico for our grandson's second birthday November 12th to 19th and my archery season was over.

There was another great eight point that I would have shot, but never saw him during daylight. I think he survived also but no pics yet.

I am really looking forward to October, 2016!

05-Feb-16
I went down to the farm and checked trail cams yesterday and I got a lot of video of small bucks still carrying their antlers. No pictures worth posting but still got them. I didn't see any mature bucks in any of the 12 videos captured.

I decided to leave them out and we will see how it goes.

We are going to get some winter weather here in the next couple of weeks so I won't start looking for sheds here until March. I've never found a shed here until after March 10th or later.

09-Feb-16
I pulled my cameras today and had a lot of video of small bucks and a few doe. I walked about two miles and still haven't found a shed. I'm done now until mid to late March when I will go shed hunting.

• Sitka Gear