Stekewood 19-Jan-16
RC 19-Jan-16
Phil Magistro 19-Jan-16
Brad Gehman 20-Jan-16
Bourbonator 20-Jan-16
Stekewood 20-Jan-16
Ben Farmer 27-Jan-16
05-Jan-16
I would like to take the son of a friend of mine out on a mentored youth hunt in 5D over the next couple of weeks. I see that it says the permit can be bought online but can't seem to find it when I log on with my CID#. Couple of questions. If the youth provides his Social Security #, will he be able to buy the permit online and print it out? If not, can I take him to an issuing agent and walk out with it? Hoping they are still available. Thanks

05-Jan-16
Use his SS#.

Any issuing agent can sell a MY permit. $2.70

05-Jan-16
The only way they can kill a doe is if you have a doe tag and transfer it to them at the time of kill.

They can shoot a buck, as long as it has a 3 inch spike.

05-Jan-16
Thanks Brad! I've got a doe tag ready for transfer. Understand the regs but just couldn't figure out the quickest way to get the permit into his hands. Appreciate the help.

07-Jan-16
It is your tag. You have to be in possession of it while hunting with him.

You cannot just give it to him and allow him to hunt with someone else.

19-Jan-16

Stekewood's embedded Photo
Stekewood's embedded Photo
We had a great, cold hunt. He made a perfect shot. The summer project will be to teach him to shoot a vertical bow but he is hooked on hunting.

19-Jan-16
That's great.... Congrats..

19-Jan-16
Very nice! Congratulations.

20-Jan-16
TERRIFIC!!!!!!

I never get bored with seeing kids with a dead deer... and a big smile.

Came up with the idea for the MY transfer in April 2008. Got a legislator to sponsor the bill and it took 2-3 years for it to pass. Sadly, it only allows for ONE tag transfer, courtesy of a rather ignorant senator, but, with the help of folks across the state, it got done.

20-Jan-16
That's awesome! Congrats to your son!

20-Jan-16
Thanks guys. He is the son of a friend of ours and doesn't have any hunters in his family. He's very much into the outdoors and it was a pleasure taking him out.

Brad, thanks for making it possible!

27-Jan-16
That's great steke!! Congrats to the young man!!

• Sitka Gear