Contributors to this thread:
Fletch 07-Jan-16
notme 07-Jan-16
soapdish 07-Jan-16
Mike in CT 26-Jan-16
nehunter 26-Jan-16
07-Jan-16

Fletch's Link
The number of sightings seems to be down by about 1500 from 2014, but I'm sure people in towns like Avon, Simsbury and Farmington are tired of reporting a bear every time they see one. Based off of the report, they seem to be spreading to just about every section of the state now.

07-Jan-16
I was seeing 12-18 every weekend during the summer at fire night,trickled down to a couple here n there with the cold....ohhhh bears,the grrrr ones...

07-Jan-16
About a month ago I had one go in my garage in Windsor locks. I didn't report it. Deep usually won't respond anymore unless really needed. Probably running out of places to relocate them.

07-Jan-16
Haha. I've seen more bears this year than ever before. I stopped reporting sightings like many residents up here. Guess we're just used to them now. Soap. you are correct. The DEEP won't respond unless someone is hurt or in danger. They don't relocate them anymore. No place to put them.

26-Jan-16
I've seen plenty of bear in the NW corner; on the property I hunt in Harwinton and in Barkhamstead.

26-Jan-16
People in Cornwall and Sharon where I hunt said they no longer call. They think the more they log a Bear sighting the more apt a season to kill them will be instituted.

• Sitka Gear