Babysaph 10-Jan-16
gobbler 10-Jan-16
Babysaph 11-Jan-16
Babysaph 11-Jan-16
Babysaph 11-Jan-16
gobbler 11-Jan-16
babysaph 11-Jan-16
08-Jan-16
I have decided to do what some of you guys have suggested. I hired a caretaker to watch and manage my property. I have also hired some management people to come and plant food plots and tell me what I need to do to improve my property. I sure hope the good ole boys appreciate what I'm doing. Lol

08-Jan-16
Good luck! I hope that it works out for you.

09-Jan-16
I think you will be pleased JR - it makes a tremendous difference! Heck maybe one day I can stop by and help ya setup some irrigation! LOL

09-Jan-16
If it's a guy u can truly trust I think it will make a world of difference for you. Habitat improvement, creating sanctuaries that deer are safe in, and providing year round food for them will create a set of circumstances that will cause deer to stay on your property. If you lack cover you may consider timbering a portion of your property keeping the right trees and removing the trees that are not producing food to allow the light to hit the forest floor thus creating more food and cover. You may consider hinge cutting to provide food and cover. Don't forget to provide water sources. They don't have to be large ponds, small water holes will do it just as well if not better.

If you provide food, water, and cover the deer have no reason to leave.

The hardest part will be up to you to not shoot the little bucks and give them a chance to grow up . LOL

09-Jan-16
If I remember right, you said you bought some additional land and have around 1200 acres?? I might be wrong, but if u do with the proper management (habitat and hunting), you can grow some really decent bucks on there if you have someone watching it for you.

But remember patience and release control on bucks will be a big part of it.

09-Jan-16
Yea imma timber it and the guy I have is going to live there.

10-Jan-16
If you want to talk before u timber it aid be happy to talk to you there is the right way to do it and the wrong way. If you do it the wrong way you could mess it up for a couple of decades. If it's done right it will just get better for a couple of decades.

10-Jan-16
sounds good to me this is all new to me

10-Jan-16
Now all you have to do is quit killing spikes.

10-Jan-16
Naaa. They eat good.

10-Jan-16

11-Jan-16
yep. They need culled. LOL.

11-Jan-16
I just like to mess with you guys. It is just big bucks for me now. Well big for Pendleton county. I do need to kill some does though.

11-Jan-16
Once I start getting rid of the poachers that will help. lol

11-Jan-16
I know, but seriously if u do start managing it right u can hold some decent bucks . I'm not talking Iowa bucks but 130ish or better which is nothing to sneeze at,

11-Jan-16
agreed

• Sitka Gear