gobbler 09-Jan-16
mudflap 09-Jan-16
gobbler 09-Jan-16
Babysaph 09-Jan-16
spyder 10-Jan-16
Babysaph 11-Jan-16
spyder 11-Jan-16
09-Jan-16
Hey Iam new to this site. Has anyone checked out the Airbow on Youtube. I guess this will be the next thing to try and keep out of archery season.

09-Jan-16
Why would we want to keep it out? The more the merrier. Besiides it will sell more tags.

09-Jan-16
I saw the video of Jim Shockey shooting a bison with that thing. The first shot put it down but when it tried to get up he shot it with another arrow. He acted totally surprised that it killed the bison. That really bothered me--if he wasn't convinced that it was actually effective, he had no business shooting an animal with it, let alone an animal the size of a bison. No doubt this was on a private ranch, some type of culling operation or pay to kill deal and I would bet that he was backed up by a rifle toter. I didn't at all like the look of total unbelief that he showed when the bison went down--like you could have knocked him over with a feather.

JR, I'm sure you made your comment tongue-in-cheek (at least I hope so :o) but actually there isn't that much difference between that contraption and a crossbow--except it is easier to cock--just pump it up with the air tank and cock it like a BB gun. Where will the insanity ever end??? Probably never. :o(

09-Jan-16
http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/01/04/video-jim-shockey-takes-down-buffalo-with-air-powered-bow/#.VovWZMcGamA.email

Don't know if this will work or not, but this is the link I was sent by a friend that shows the "hunt".

09-Jan-16
OK, it worked for me.

09-Jan-16
It is already illegal to have a gun and arrows in the woods at the same time. I always thought that was kind of odd but now I'm glad it is already on the books.

I guess the "air-gun" lobby will become active to make it legal to use their weapon now.

Good grief!

It does help prove the point about the slippery slope and why none of these items are "archery" or "bowhunting" weapons.

09-Jan-16
yea Dave but said that about crossbows as well and you see what happened

09-Jan-16
It is illegal to have a gun and a bow together in the woods and we can laugh now but it is just a matter of time until they are allowed just like crossbow. I remember we used to make fun of those too but now they are allowed. It a dime can be made a deer killed it is just a matter of time before they are legal here

09-Jan-16
If they keep allowing crap like crossbows and stuff it will someday be rare to see a bow being used in bow season.

09-Jan-16
Would probably be a poachers best friend

09-Jan-16
spyder you got that right.

09-Jan-16

09-Jan-16
With a $849 price tag, I am gonna guess not to many poachers will be getting one. Stick with the Ol' .22

http://www.crosman.com/connect/introducing-the-benjamin-pioneer-airbow/

09-Jan-16

09-Jan-16
It amazes me also that they won't buy a hunting license. I think they just like to try to get away with something.

10-Jan-16
There are some that go into the woods and fields for the joy of just being there and the challenge. Then there are others that just want to kill something.

11-Jan-16
Then there are some that just want to kill something out of season or at night.

11-Jan-16
Amen

• Sitka Gear