Contributors to this thread:
Meat Grinder 11-Jan-16
pav 12-Jan-16
Owl Holler 13-Jan-16
Owl Holler 13-Jan-16
11-Jan-16

Meat Grinder's embedded Photo
Meat Grinder's embedded Photo
Hey everybody. Hope you all had an exciting and successful deer season.

I wanted to share a photo of a Bobcat my buddy captured on his property in Owen County. This is the best of 4 photos we've gotten on our trail cams since last March. All were taken at night. There was an article in the Indianapolis Star several weeks ago saying the DNR estimates around 1000 Bobcats in the state. Pretty cool.

12-Jan-16
I hunt a farm that is split between Ripley and Jefferson counties. Been getting trail cam photos and occasional sightings of bobcats for more than a decade.

This year, I actually saw six bobcats while in a treestand. Four of those were in one group and two singles. Had five of the six in easy bow range and they never knew I was around. Makes for pretty cool sits!

Something I noticed...does with fawns did not tolerate the bobcats and vacated the area...while lone adult does and bucks barely paid any attention to them at all.

13-Jan-16
Exciting to see in the wild. I knew a guy down in KY years ago that had one actually jump up on the far end of a log he was resting on during MZ season. He quit shaking long enough to bag it. Never understood why it took all these years for them to become common in IN. I want to be the first Hoosier to look down and watch bears or an occasional cougar stroll by. Keep dreaming---bring back the Jurassic!!

13-Jan-16
Exciting to see in the wild. I knew a guy down in KY years ago that had one actually jump up on the far end of a log he was resting on during MZ season. He quit shaking long enough to bag it. Never understood why it took all these years for them to become common in IN. I want to be the first Hoosier to look down and watch bears or an occasional cougar stroll by. Keep dreaming---bring back the Jurassic!!

• Sitka Gear