South Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
Brown 13-Jan-16
Brotsky 15-Jan-16
Animal Killer 18-Jan-16
Dakota 18-Jan-16
Skullwerx 23-Jan-16
13-Jan-16
Hello all. I'm from Wisconsin, and Im planning an Archery trip to South Dakota in early November. I have spoke with many outfitters, and have found 2 that I'm interested in. Both had many positives, but both had small negatives as well. I am not gonna go into details of those though. The 2 Outfitters are, Pepper Slough Outfitters in Henry SD, and Double P Ranch in Clark. Both are all inclusive, meaning meals and lodging, semi guided. Both do Pheasants as well. Would anyone like to express their experiences or relationship with these 2 outfits. If so, I very much appreciate it.

Thank You

Brown

15-Jan-16
Brown, my only suggestion is to find out if they are a whitetail operation with a few pheasant hunters or a pheasant operation who also offers whitetail hunts? I think if they are the latter their pheasant hunting operations may create issues for the deer hunting. I know very little about either of these places, but they certainly could be very good. Just find out where their priorities are. I might recommend looking in western SD for an outfitter, lots of good operations out there that focus on deer and you'd have the chance to kill a mule deer or whitetail in most cases. Good luck.

18-Jan-16
personally i live eastern side of the state. i would not pay anyone to hunt the eastern side of the state and i live on this side. personally i would have no problem paying a tresspass fee for a western hunt in western SD. I would highly recommend contacting Randy Routier of Routier Outfitting. Great guy and you can hunt mulies or whitetails. i think you would have great success with hunting either species. Randy goes by the name of Dakota on here. Shoot him a PM and go enjoy the western landscape. It will be much more silence and i think if you are coming to clark, why not go another 5 hours further west and get into some great country!!!

18-Jan-16

Dakota's Link
Feel free to take a look at what we have to offer to see if it is what you're looking for and give me a shout with any questions.

23-Jan-16
I haved lived right in the middle of the 2 cities mentioned. I have lived here 6 years and not heard of the second operation you mentioned. I don't have experience with either. I sounds like both operations are pheasant hunting with a side of deer. That said there is an ample amount of public land throughout the state and 90% of my hunting is public.

• Sitka Gear