pogo 26-Jan-16
SJJ 27-Jan-16
Mad dog 27-Jan-16
bow shot 03-Feb-16
deerman406 10-Feb-16
HoytCountry 14-Feb-16
arrowknocker82 12-Mar-16
14-Jan-16
Do they do that much more damage? I use Thunderhead 125s...happy, but always looking for the edge. Thanks. M.D.

14-Jan-16

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
I'm not sure about Rage broadheads but I use NAP Killzones which are very similar and they done some damage to this buck a couple of years ago. But any broadhead delivered in the bread basket would.

14-Jan-16
Thanks..yeah saw ALOT of poor reviews on Internet search. I guess, I might by a few and try em anyway...those wounds gaps are SICK. Mad Dog

17-Jan-16
I tried them for one season and it dropped a deer in about 30 yards and had a great blood trail however after sneaking up on some turkeys one day and having the blades Pop open every step I took I said what a joke these are and never used them again. I see a ton of posts of lack of penetration and deer dropping in 60-80 yards which is around how far a fixed blade head shot deer would run anyway. I'm staying with fixed heads. Look at the Anarchy broad head as its a 1.5" cut and fixed if your looking for a wide cut.

18-Jan-16
Will do. Thank you. Mad Dog

19-Jan-16
Just watch the shows, most deer shot behind the shoulder with expandables do not get a pass through. They get a big entry hole but very few exit holes. I mean Mike Waddell shoots around 75#s and he rarely gets a pass through. Watch the guys who are shooting COC heads and deer hit behind the shoulder they get a pass through most of the time. I also just read an article on a study for deer recovery rates shot with expandable and coc heads. The recovery rate was actually a bit better with expandables(which surprised me) but than I read more. The blood trails were often a lot longer with expandables and the reason the recovery rate was better? Bad hits, a bad shot with an expandable led to more damage to guts and such so the animal was recovered. I myself shoot a VPA 3 Blade and 175 grains at that. I have no problem with pass throughs even om shoulder shot deer. Shawn

19-Jan-16
Shawn old buddy.....

The picture of the hole in the buck posted above was an entry hole. I shoot a 50 pound Bear bow with full length carbon arrows. Attached to them are NAP, Killzone 100 grain expandable COC broadheads. The shot was from about 18 yards and I got a complete pass through with a blood trail even Ray Charles could have followed.

Not all expandable broadheads are created equal. I love the NAP because they fly like field points but the really, really put a hole in them whitetails. By the way..... I used that same arrow/broadhead to kill my turkey too. I just took a diamond sharpening rod to the blades before I used it.

I limit my shots to 25 yards or less and I will not release unless I know I will kill what I'm shooting at.

21-Jan-16
Ive killed many deer dead with them...

23-Jan-16
I switched to NAP Killzones...I like their design better.

Mike

24-Jan-16
MUZZY !

25-Jan-16
Now shoot that deer about 6" farther forward, not that you would but it can happen. See where that gets you. It will most likely kill the deer but I doubt very much you will have an exit. Do that with a VPA, Snuffer, Stinger any good COC head and it will most likely poke out the other side if not blow through is all. Shawn

26-Jan-16
Shawn..... you are missing the point. The NAP Killzones are cut on contact heads. Plus they expand to make an incredible blood trail.

The only problem I have with them is the blades will sometimes open slightly and you have to snap them back into position. It's no big deal if you notice it but if you didn't, it could be.

I used to use the old WASP Series Two, 125 three blade but they were getting hard to find. Switched to these and so far I'm happy with them. ??

27-Jan-16

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Rage

27-Jan-16
Holy Shit! I'm all ears. M.D

03-Feb-16
SJJ, I don't understand how you killed that deer without a bow that looks like an alien spacecraft and no camo that was designed by a team of scientists using computer simulations that can predict global climates for the next 10 years??

Nice buck ya got there!

10-Feb-16
Still a form of expandable, sorry it has been proven time and time again a fixed coc blade penetrates better. I want two holes. Funny thing is, some research points to the fact more deer with what are considered bad hits are recovered when shot with expandable's due to the large hatchet type entrance wounds they create. Shawn

14-Feb-16
They have been great for me and all my buddy's that use them. My personal favorite is the hypodermic

12-Mar-16
I use them have had no problems. I've hunted for 38 years, and have killed my whitetails with Bear razors (cedar shaft), satellite,wasp, Rocky Mtn., Thunderheads, and now Rage it's all about shot placement... I look at archery hunting as the more gadgets you have the more things that could go wrong. Mechanical broadheads fit in that criteria. Mine were a gift so rather than return them I used them without a failed or disappointing incident. And they have an excellent arrow flight. Happy Hunting ARRWKNKER..

• Sitka Gear