Casador 04-Feb-16
Ace 04-Feb-16
Casador 06-Mar-16
soapdish 06-Mar-16
notme 07-Mar-16
Casador 11-Mar-16
nehunter 11-Mar-16
15-Jan-16
Has anyone one here been to NZ on a bowhunt, or know someone who has?? I'm looking for an outfitter and looking for some references. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not looking for a record book stag, just a nice representative for a decent price. I really hate the trophy fee bullshit, but that's how everyone does it down there.

15-Jan-16
Casador

my ex-boss went there for red stag with rifle, but the outfitter he uses may not be what you're looking for. Big money and he uses a helicopter to bring you to the top of the mountains and then films the kill from the copter.

I'll ask him for the outfitters name but it may take a while, he's stops in the office every once in a while. They are magnificent animals!!

BTW - your name reminds me of Hagador Sparticus from the film Birdcage. Funny, funny movie!!

15-Jan-16
I have no useful info for you... BUT, hope it works out and I look forward to lots of great posts from you when it does. I'm not overly pumped on expansive/expensive hunting trips... but, I'd love to combine a red stag bow hunt with some fly fishing and hiking/mountain biking in NZ. Wholly smokes that would be amazing!

15-Jan-16
I'm sure there are a Lot of guys of the big game forum who could help you out.

04-Feb-16
Thanks for the info guys. I'm lucky enough to have an awesome wife who will let me hunt on our honeymoon! The way I see it is this will be the only time we will ever be able to have the time to go, before we start a family.

I've contacted dozens of outfitters and they're all pretty damn expensive. It's a bucket list hunt for me, so it's now or never. It's amazing the amount of money they want for SCI silver, gold, gold plus, etc.

I'm happy with a good representative stag. I'm more interested in having a great spot and stalk experience in a free-range environment.

04-Feb-16
Cas, PM MedicineMan, he's in NY and he did a Stag hunt in NZ a few years back. Great guy, and he's hunted about everything there is to hunt.

06-Mar-16
I'm going with Mountain Hunters LTD. Free range with the bow! I'll post pictures

06-Mar-16
I usually do my exotic hunts at cabelas. Not much challenge shooting em but trying to get out of there before security gets you really gets the adrenalin pumping. Fishing is pretty decent too. Good luck on your adventure

07-Mar-16
Ahhhhh,the old "is that a stuffed elephant "in your pants trick...lol

11-Mar-16
Fixed or Rage Hypos?? I'm shooting at 414gr arrow out of a alphamax35, 28" draw, 70lbs. Looks like I have about 70-75 lbs of KE. Looking like fixed will be the way to go.

Any suggestions on broadheads?

11-Mar-16

nehunter's Link
Fixed, why travel half way across the world hoping your mechanical doesn't fail.

Slick Trick Magnum is my choice, 100% Steel. Aluminum is for Beer cans. My opinion only.

Watch the video and think about it.

Sorry Rage Fans.

• Sitka Gear