DeerBuilder.com
Woodson k. Memorial
Missouri
Contributors to this thread:
hunterj 15-Jan-16
Schmitty78 18-Jan-16
Mo/Ark 21-Jan-16
15-Jan-16
looking for some info on this area me a buddy are thinking about coming to Missouri to bow hunt for a couple weeks next year. If I read right it is bow only. Do we need to apply for a permit.

Not looking for anybody hot spot but is it hunted hard. if a guy puts some foot work can he get away form the pressure thanks for any info

18-Jan-16
I've been by the area, but never hunted it. With an area of this size I'm sure there are places that aren't as pressured if you put the foot work in. That part of the state isn't well known for deer of any size, not that that matters, but thought I'd add that in case that's part of the equation for you.

21-Jan-16
Used to hunt it a lot when my brother lived up that way. It gets some pressure but you can get away from it. Be aware, half of it is in Phelps county and half in crawford. Phelps has 4 pt rule and Crawford doesn't. Just need to be aware where your at. There are a few really good bucks around there and deer numbers are what I would call better thgan average... At least they were last time I hunted up there a few years ago. Oh yeah, its in the mountains. Not Colorado mountains,but you better be prepared... Especially if you kill one.

• Sitka Gear