Mule Power 16-Jan-16
PAbowhunter1064 16-Jan-16
PAbowhunter1064 16-Jan-16
horsethief51 16-Jan-16
RMH 16-Jan-16
bowfish 17-Jan-16
Mad dog 18-Jan-16
15-Jan-16
Hey Folks. We are looking to book a trip to a As-realistic-as-possible lodge or preserve where we can take Russian boars or feral hogs. May never get down south to hunt them in the wild, so this will do. I know there are many places in PENNA. We're blue collar guys from NY. Personal experiences and recommendations would be great thanks in advance. Mad Dog

16-Jan-16
I think we should have a Pa hog hunting rendezvous every year. Shooting hogs and drinking beer with RC would probably become a popular event.

I'll be interested to hear any replies.

16-Jan-16
Maddog, There is an outfit in Bainbridge, PA called Island Exotic Hunts. My father and I hunted there a few years ago, and had a great time. They feature hogs, goats, and rams, and its very affordable. The hogs are meat hogs, so don't go expecting Russian boars with tusks. If you go with bow like we did, it makes for a fairly challenging hunt, and the meat is delicious! This hunt might not be for everyone, but it was certainly an enjoyable experience I'll never forget! Good luck, and have fun, no matter where you decide to go!

16-Jan-16
Mule, I would definitely take part in an annual PA pig hunt rendezvous!! Sign me up!!

Mad dog, I forgot to mention, I've had some friends hunt a preserve in Tioga, PA and they stated the pigs there are closer to the feral hogs than the farm variety.

16-Jan-16
150 hogs and 75 deer just escaped from a hunting preserve on Route 58 in Butler County near Eau Clare a couple days ago. They managed to catch some hogs but are going to have the USDA sharpshooters go out and try to shoot the deer. I wonder how they are supposed to tell the difference from the naturally occurring deer. Great way to spread CWD.

16-Jan-16
Art, I think they are Fallow Deer. I know that's what was up there a couple years ago.

Ryan

17-Jan-16
My son and I did the Hog Hunt on "The Island". That is what Island Exotic Hunts is referred to. It is owned by Steve Mohr. He has a website and a booth at the PA Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA every February. The island is one mile long and sits in the Susquehanna River. My son and I used longbows. He was 12 yrs old at the time. We "stalked" up on our hog and I gave him the first shot. He made a descent shot and I hit it as it bolted. We got up on it later and finished it off. You can imagine the thrill of this "hunt" for a 12 year old! I knew it was a canned hunt so don't get it confused with a wild boar hunt. We wanted a hog for the freezer and we got it. If you want ham, sausage, bacon, etc. that's good eating, Steve will recommend a sal instead of a boar. I wasn't disappointed because I knew what we signed up for. If I do it again it will probably be with my flintlock.

18-Jan-16
Thanks boys it all helps...do in my research. NY outlawed it last year. Penna ain't too far. Mad Dog

• Sitka Gear